Rei

Rei

A Chapter by TransparentHearts

Nighttime, the prime time for murder in this hell of a world, and I was born into this living nightmare. The gates were the reminder of us being prisoners in a forsaken and treacherous world, but at the same time, protected us from the deathly demons that roamed and ruled. My community locked and loaded up on guns and ammo, anything to protect us from the vampires-and their growing army. Our town was ruled by human hands, not yet scarred by the immortal influence; but  of course, it was only a matter of time until the vampires swooshed in with guns blazing.

 

The population of Westfield inflated to a mere 1,418. I believe the small number kept our town secure. Being confined to a town, though, roughened the life. We worked and managed our own gardens, growing and preserving our own food like back in the day. The roads were deemed harzardous, and every minute spent could be the last minute of breath because out there survival meant flying solo. Some towns ran the risk of purchasing food shipments and allowing them into their safe haven. My town found that too much of a risk, but we cherished our alternative and carried on the old spirit.

 

My next door neighbor, skilled as a thirty-eight year old docter, stepped in as the town doctor. His family took root here in Wisconsin shortly after the Civil War. Mr. Andrews cherished that history and desired for this town to survive the war we've been living in. His wishes drove him to take what medicines he could from the hospital and quit that very day, just so he could employ himself as our well-needed doctor.

 

Mostly common in this town, the elderly ladies sewed up and fashioned clothes for us, while the elderly men tutured the younger fellas in everything they knew how- hunting, building, food preservation, gardening, anything that could keep us alive through this hell-bound blizzard. The light dimmed for the rest of the world, but our slice of heaven wouldn't dim its light unless we were shot down out of the sky.

 

As for myself, I often thank God that I moved into this small place. The town's fighting spirit resonated with me, giving me hope that we would live on. My life had been short- only nineteen years lived to the fullest, and hopefully more to go.

 

The light of the sunlight ushered in a new heaven, the sanctuary of all, and the time to work. The night faded with the sun, and that meant the vampires fled into hiding until the star shined black.

 

Yawning, I stretched my limbs, and rolled out of bed. No time to lose, daylight was wasting. Into the shower, then breakfast, after hustling out to tend to my backyard garden.

 

Mr. Andrews spotted me and stumbled on over.

 

"Need help with anything this morning, Rei?"

 

"No, thank you, Mr. Andrews. You're a talented and needed help with the town as is, and you have your work cut out for you," I replied, grinning at him as I hosed down the garden with a gentle rain.

 

"Aw, it's not too bad. I'm busy, but it's nothing I can't handle." He chuckled heartedly. "Did you hear the news?" He asked, sounded far more serious after our laughs.

 

"What news?" Standing up to face him, his skin grew pale.

 

"The vampires are on the move again."

 

 



© 2010 TransparentHearts


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Definitely really great! I can't wait to read more! I think that this could definitely turn into a great book if you keep writing as your doing, good luck, I'm rootin for u! ^-^

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Added on August 25, 2010
Last Updated on August 25, 2010


Author

TransparentHearts
TransparentHearts

About
Well...where to start. (The short version) I liiike weird crazy, not run-of-the-mill kind of stuff. Liike taking an armadillo on a rollar coaster. How fun would that be?!?! You could call me crazy. I .. more..

Writing