Closer

Closer

A Story by Cate Mcgowan

The curves of my body sunk into the stretched frame, wrapping itself around them in a motherly way. Motherly was the last thing i wanted to think about right now. I rolled over on his chest and faintly giggled for no reason and every reason. Just a giggle. Maybe a longing for the lost innocence of my current scenario, possibly a desperate attempt of childishness from deep within my diaphragm but these fits of giggles erupting from me were not forced. His eyes smiles back at me, like eyes do. I was not thinking about us. He was but i knew he was the only one. I was thinking about me, this and now. Trying to be interesting and spontaneous for my own sake was harder than it had appeared to me. His biceps tightened around me like a violent hug. Squeezing me tightly until the pain felt good. Until we felt good. We were always us but not to me, just to us. We spoke again, the sentences sounding less sane every time a new one slipped. Laughter disrupted our friends, who were busy in there own little rendezvous. The calluses on his hands spread in all directions on my skin, grazing and grasping. Hurting and healing. I wanted to want him the way he did want me. I just wanted him the way i needed to for my self. I wanted him like a fish wants to live on land. He wanted me like a boy wanted water. To him it made sense. In my eyes it was forbidden. I starred at his lips, thick and much bigger than my less than appealing labium inferious. They were so close to my face. Closer. Heat. Sweat. It was at least 50 degrees out but i was sweating like it was july. Closer. I thought of tomorrow, but stopped myself. Think in the moment. Closer. I wanted to, i could taste the foreign flesh, i needed to know how it felt. Closer. I felt his lips overpower mine and i felt dazed. I had no idea how to kiss but for that brief moment i knew exactly what to do. Maturity struck me. Then pride. Later followed by reconsideration. Guilt. Regret. Finally, embarrassment. I felt naked on the open trampoline, in the open yard. The world was open, my life was open. They could see. I let my memory drift soothingly along but sometimes i wish we could have stayed closer forever. 
   

© 2012 Cate Mcgowan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

'I wanted him like a fish wants to live on land.'

This was incredibly honest. Which you would think would be the norm in creative writing, but it's not. Nice one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Cate Mcgowan

10 Years Ago

thank you, i apprieciate the input it means a lot.
I ended up liking this voice! It was strong throughout. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cate Mcgowan

11 Years Ago

thank you, i appriciate the input.
You really have a way with your words and descriptions that empower the reader to feel the story. Excellent job!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cate Mcgowan

11 Years Ago

Thank you! ~ Cate

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012

Author

Cate Mcgowan
Cate Mcgowan

About
Hi. I'm Cate. I am a writer under construction, i would love any type of criticism. I am also young, hyper and strange so i worn you that some of my writing may be "silly" or "high-strung".I advise yo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


f**k f**k

A Poem by AleyshaRosa