My Own Version of a Kindred Spirit Letter

My Own Version of a Kindred Spirit Letter

A Story by Greyson Bergantino
"

I recently finished reading Nicholas Sparks' book Every Breath and I instantly looked up deareverybreath.com. However, I did not find a way to submit my own letter so I wrote one on here.

"
Dear K,
    
     I'm not entirely sure what to say. I've written you letters before, but those were different. I physically gave them to you. I cannot give this one to you and I know that I have no limits to what I can say. What I can tell you. I want you to know that I'm sorry for all the times I gave you trouble. I know now that even if it was hard for you to show it, you cared for me. I'm not sure if you still do now, and I may never know. I'm not one to ask questions, I usually go with the flow and let whatever happen. I don't want to ask you questions in fear that I'll seem just like other girls. I really enjoyed watching you draw, dance, skate. It's where your truly yourself. Yes, you are always yourself, but when your doing the things you love, it's where the deepest parts of you shine.
    
    And I know it's wrong to say I'm still in love with you. We had our time, although it was short. I should've gotten over you months ago, but all I can remember is the way your touch felt and how it made me dizzy every time our lips collided. Maybe it was the fact that we had our own forbidden thing, or maybe it was because our connection had been instant and phenomenal. What we had, I attempted to recreate after our time was up. Multiple times. No one ever came slightly close no matter how good they treated me. It just never felt the same.

     I have come to realize that maybe no one will feel the way you did. Maybe no one will ever understand my mind like you did. I have never met anyone like you, and I probably won't. The thing is, I'm strangely at peace with that. I don't know what the future has in store, but I'm just happy we had our time. I won't ever tell you that I still love you. I told you once when things were complicated and it didn't solve anything. Maybe one day, you'll look back and see how truly and deeply I cared for you, even when your darkest depths had shone. I have always done my best to make sure you felt loved by someone even when you felt as though you didn't deserve it. Wishes rarely come true, but it turns out, the wishes unspoken are the ones that end up happening. I never knew I needed you in my life, until you just showed up. One hello turned into a million feelings, situations, arguments. If you had never spoken to me, I don't know if we would've had what we had. For some reason, I feel as though it was inevitable either way. We would've found our way to each other.
    
     All I can hope for now is that your life holds enough meaning to satisfy you, and while you search for your purpose, you find it before you give up. I'll always be here, your shoulder to lean on, if things get tough. I will hold you steady and keep you balanced if you feel like nothing is worth living for. I will do everything I've already done, just to make sure you find your way through this life. I promise to always be within your reach, but never stay too close. If you need me, you know where to find me, until then, I'll stay away so you don't have to worry about me. Thank you for being there when no one else was. Thank you for saving my life although you may not have known that night. Thank you for just being you.

     With all the love inside of me,
          C.J.

© 2020 Greyson Bergantino


Author's Note

Greyson Bergantino
This is a letter to someone I care very deeply about, but I can't speak to him this way anymore, so I decided to take some time and write on this site, if only to get it off my chest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This letter is so heartfelt and meaningful. I'm usually not drawn to this type of writing at first glance, but I honestly have no words for how this letter made me feel, even though I haven't yet been through this type of situation. It is clear that you are writing this with only K in mind and that you're not writing for other people which makes it all the more personal and touching to read as an outside observer. Absolutely beautiful writing

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Greyson Bergantino

3 Years Ago

Thank you, that means a lot. :)



Reviews

This letter is so heartfelt and meaningful. I'm usually not drawn to this type of writing at first glance, but I honestly have no words for how this letter made me feel, even though I haven't yet been through this type of situation. It is clear that you are writing this with only K in mind and that you're not writing for other people which makes it all the more personal and touching to read as an outside observer. Absolutely beautiful writing

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Greyson Bergantino

3 Years Ago

Thank you, that means a lot. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 3, 2020
Last Updated on May 3, 2020
Tags: letter, kindred spirit, nicholas sparks, every breath, anonymous

Author

Greyson Bergantino
Greyson Bergantino

VA



About
Someone who writes from the dark of their heart. Only 16, but my mind is older. My focus falls in poetry and young adult fiction! Father of "The Truth May be Painful" on Amazon! My Instagr.. more..

Writing