The Meadow

The Meadow

A Story by Ashley
"

This was what I wrote for one of my boyfriends last year.

"

She felt the dry grass scratch her claves as she ran through the meadow. She didn’t know what she was running for, but she could sense he was here. Her skirt flew in the wind, and her hair whipped around her face as she sprinted towards the horizon. “I used to love watching the sunset…” his voice said in her head. She ran harder, the voice taking over all her thoughts. As she continued to run, she saw a black figure in the middle of the semicircle of orange and yellow. She couldn’t tell what it was, but the closer she got, the more she recognized it. The tall, lanky figure, the spiked hair, and most of all the blue eyes that shone no matter where he was. “Michael!” she screamed, her voice being carried by the wind. “Michael” she screamed again. A smile grew on her face as she got closer to him. He’s really back, she thought. But, he didn’t come towards her. Instead he turned his back on her, and walked away, into the sunset. “Michael! Come Back! Michael!” she kept screaming, but he never turned around. She watched as he walked into the sunset, his figuring disappearing all together. She felt the tears pool over the rims of her eyes, and soon she was crying uncontrollably, the sky now a dark gray, no sunlight, no blue sky, just gray. Thunder roared in the background and lightning struck. She woke up in her bed. The thunder she had heard was from outside, and the lightning she saw had struck from outside too. She felt the sheets, and noticed that they were wet with sweat. She reached across the bed, and reached out for him, knowing that he wouldn’t be there. He hadn’t been there for a year.  She turned on the bedside lamp and saw the photo of him that was on her nightstand. She started to cry, screaming for the reason that he was gone. ‘Why did you take him?’ she screamed into the emptiness. “Why?” she continued to sob, remembering him. She lay down on the bed, reached across and whispered “I love you.”

© 2009 Ashley


Author's Note

Ashley
Ignore the fact that i can't use paragraphs :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh! That was really sweet and sad at the same time. :]

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Added on February 10, 2009

Author

Ashley
Ashley

Spring, TX



About
I play soccer. I love to read books. I love music. more..

Writing
Lovers Lovers

A Poem by Ashley


Angel Angel

A Story by Ashley


Why? Why?

A Story by Ashley