Return to Forever

Return to Forever

A Poem by Michael Morris

What is life, is it being successful, is life understanding the why's, is it having a good time, is life learning all the lessons, is it just being nice? 

What about the small things, what about the big one's?

Its all a show, Its all a show, Its all a empty bottle of beer at the end of the night and nowhere to go.

What about the times you are ready to go, What about the times when life turns your stomach?

Can all the pictures in the world catch the hiccups in time, Can all the memories in your mind make the days easier to swallow?

We are the stained tampon left in the backseat of life, We have all been caught red handed more than not.

We pass through the bike lane of existence,  We honk the horns of our persistence.

We fight in resistance against all that is us, We murder the idea of our beautiful deaths.

Humans unite and rebel the peacefulness and purity of life and its magnificence.

© 2020 Michael Morris


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

life is thought provoking and you capture it so well

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

did you ever listen to al demulas return to forever album? it was really good.... didn't know if that was your inspiration or not. either way, great poem!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice call to arms, bro, really dig the line:

"We are the stained tampon left in the backseat of life, We have all been caught red handed more than not."


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2011
Last Updated on October 22, 2020

Author

Michael Morris
Michael Morris

Arvada, CO



About
I only aspire to be as good as a long night of Colt 45's, Munchos, and grape northern lights blunt. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..