Miscommunication

Miscommunication

A Poem by myowndreams

Maybe I'm just naive. Maybe my view of the world and how it should be stems from a life I've lived before this one, in a time period that nurtured souls and treasured hearts. I think that's only a world I've created in my mind, because it doesn't seem to exist beyond my imagination. I dream of conversations that connect the soul and novelty that never wears off. It seems all I get is anything superficial, and I don't quite understand how that works. How is it that I need connections like I need air, yet I can never get past the shallow end of their ridiculous minds?
It's just frustrating when all I want is to be woken up from this permanent sleep. I don't feel like I've truly lived life awake. I'm always dazed, half asleep, and I'm never able to remember my dreams. I'm living in disconnected images and spliced thoughts that are directionless. It's no wonder I can't hear anyone's true intentions. This vague life is nothing but easily discarded, temporary, and a complete waste without something to wake up the soul, liven it up, and set it free..
Wild abandon like wildfire, dancing to the beat of my own drum, my own heart, forming steps that become our mantra, cohesively. Wild abandon like wildfire, dancing to the rhythm of my own desire.
A piece of my past life I just connected with - I see the forest, I see the flame, I see the tribe dancing in the rain only they can feel. - I always come back to this scene in the corner of my mind. Perhaps the one person I should be communicating more with is myself.. That is where I'll find the most depth. Maybe now I can communicate with the world around me, and hear the things people don't say with their words, because I finally understand myself a little better.

© 2014 myowndreams


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would like to say that this is a very nice piece. I can't be sure whether I would classify this under a journal entry or a prose poem, but either way I really like this. Some of my favorite writing comes from internal dialogue, which is what you seem to have done here.

One thing I would ask is this: What exactly are you wanting the reader to feel while reading this? Is it about self-reflection, or something a little more metaphorical? There are a lot of different ways you could have gone with this.

Thank you for posting. A wonderful piece indeed.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on September 25, 2014
Last Updated on September 25, 2014

Author

myowndreams
myowndreams

About
Libra sun, Cancer moon, Cancer rising. A constant heart vs. mind battle.. the mind usually wins out. Making a conscious effort to put myself out there again, in terms of writing. I've realized how .. more..

Writing
8/23/11 8/23/11

A Poem by myowndreams