Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Literature Review Writing Simplified

Literature Review Writing Simplified

A Story by Myrtle Tran
"

If you are the person who has always been looking for an easy way to make a correct literature review, then I think this information will be very useful for you.

"

Literature review writing is an essential part of the whole dissertation process.  It is particular essential to your dissertation proposal.  There are a lot of misconceptions about literature reviews, which can seriously get in the way and muddle your thinking.  That, in turn, can have an extremely negative effect on your paper.  The first way you can keep that from happening is by understanding exactly what a literature review is.

 

It is incredibly important to understand the purpose of literature review writing before you even begin compiling information.  First thing is first: you might want to check out an example of a literature review, before anything else.  That way you can put the example and the definition together, which can greatly increase your understanding.  Students commonly make the mistake of thinking that a literature review is actually that: a review of literature, as in a book review.  Not quite - although to an extent, it can be that.  In your dissertation proposal, however, the literature can be a report on the evolution of human kind or the violence seen in many of Shakespeare’s plays.  It can be a journal article tracing the evolution of the politics of the Democratic party or on the women’s suffrage movement.  Basically, it can be anything that applies to your topic.

 

Now you are actually ready to begin the literature review writing process - sort of.  Now that we know what it is and how, for example, a literature review can help up, we need to discuss the technicalities of writing one.  With that understood and squared away, learning how to write a literature review is actually quite easily.  Think about it like this: in your literature review, you are simply reviewing the sources you gathered in order to write your dissertation in the first place.  You are just making it relevant to your research, which is something that you do anyway in any kind of writing, not just dissertation writing.  In this case, however, you can also present literature which expresses views opposite to your own.

 

As you can see in any good example of a literature review, it is set up like any other academic paper.  Formatting the review properly is extremely important to your dissertation proposal as a whole, so pay close attention here.  You begin, of course, with the introduction.  Here, you talk about your thesis statement, discuss the issue(s) presented in your paper.  Next comes the body, which contains the elements of your literature review.  This is yet another place where a literature review example can be beneficial.  Here, you need to offer an overview on your subject.  As well, you will need to divide the literature into categories of your choice, you will need to compare and contrast them, and then reach your conclusions.

 

Finally, literature review writing is dependent on several factors.  You need to consider provenance, which means thinking about how qualified the writers and literature you chose are, as well as their persuasiveness and the value of what they wrote.  Relevancy is a key aspect in the literature review - and in your dissertation as a whole.

© 2018 Myrtle Tran


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on October 30, 2018
Last Updated on October 30, 2018
Tags: literature review, dissertation writing, writing help

Author

Myrtle Tran
Myrtle Tran

Washington, DC



About
Hello!I have relocated to Washington, DC with over 10 years helping students with Math, Science, essay composition, and SAT Preparation. I graduated from Harvard with a BA in Biology and also have a M.. more..

Writing