The Reason I'm Alive

The Reason I'm Alive

A Story by There's A Point To All Of This.
"

June 25th, 2013.

"
Now let me tell you about my favorite band.
You know how people say “this band saved my life!” because it’s a way to say they’re their favorite band or something? Well, when I say that Pierce The Veil saved my life, I truly mean they saved my life.
I mean that I was sitting there one night, one of my bad nights..to put it simply, and I had listened to Pierce The Veil before, saw them at Warped Tour when I knew them, but didn’t listen to them constantly, but I liked them a lot. I was sitting there…doing what I always do on my bad nights, and my itunes was on shuffle. Pierce The Veil came on. Hold On Till May, to be specific. Let me tell you, this song truly changed and saved my life. If that song hadn’t came on that night, I might not even be here right now. Obviously I have many bad days and nights still, they haven’t cured my depression or suicidal thoughts, but they constantly help me through every single day, and every single thing I go through. I could never thank this band enough for everything they’ve done, even though I really wish they knew that without them, I’d be dead. If there’s anything I’ve learned through depression, it is that no one TRULY cares, no one is truly going to ALWAYS be there. Depression causes a lot of fucked up things. And people leave, no one’s truly always going to be there for you. But I know that throughout everyone I lose, and no matter how alone I feel, I can always turn on Hold On Till May, or any Pierce The Veil song, really. And I just feel better. Their songs give me the chills every single time I listen to them. They really just get me more than any other band ever has, I don’t know how to explain it, really. I don’t even really know why, honestly. I saw them a few months ago, and cried throughout the concert quite a bit, the kind of crying that happens when you realize that the guys that saved your life are right in front of you..playing the music that has gotten you through every bad day, bad night, good day, good night, every single s****y a*s thing that has happened to you, every single bad night when you’re sitting in your room alone, and the ways to harm yourself or even kill yourself are right there and no one cares enough to be physically there, but their music and them alone, just simply brings you back up a little bit, gives you the tiniest bit of hope. Just knowing they care about their fans is enough for me. Their music keeps me going, the fact that Vic, Tony, Jaime, and Mike simply exist gets me through everyday. I just wish they knew how thankful I am for them. I remember when they played Hold On Till May, I bawled my eyes out. So much emotion is in that song, that song has gotten me through a lot of tough s**t, and it just consumed me at the concert. I couldn’t stop crying, but yet I sang along every single word. It was the good kind of “you saved my life” emotional. I love their concerts, they’re my favorite. They give me a great feeling, a sad-happy feeling, that I actually do love. I love Pierce The Veil, and I am beyond thankful for them and all they’ve done. They’ve impacted my life more than anything ever has. Their music has truly spoken to me in a way no other music ever has. I made eye contact with Tony while Hold On Till May was being preformed, and I was crying. His eyes looked so caring and comforting..it changed my life. They have changed my life. It was a beautiful and emotional moment, and their concerts, music, the band themself, get me through the day. Everyday. Not a day goes by that I don’t listen to them.

Just a huge thank you to Vic, Tony, Mike, and Jaime.

© 2013 There's A Point To All Of This.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on June 25, 2013
Last Updated on June 25, 2013
Tags: pierce the veil, music, my thoughts, depression, suicide, thank you