The End of an Age of Innocence

The End of an Age of Innocence

A Poem by N. James Frazier
"

I read alot of poetry about how people were taken advantage of, well I decided to write something on the other perspective, the robber of innocence. It is just something which is hopefully refreshing.

"

 

 
An End to an Age of Innocence
 
Seeing you cry,
Your Amber Eyes Never Saw my Lies,
They Trapped you In,
My World of Sin.
You Try to Believe,
That you can Leave,
But the End is Near,
To all your Fear.
When I leave you Sleeping.
 
To your Bed Now. Before you Scream.
Into Sleep, Choke on a Dream.
Tears on your Pillow, Like Broken Glass.
I leave your Heart Torn in Half.
 
The Tears from your Amber Eyes,
Ask only Why?,
Why our Love only appeared so strong?,
And why now it is all gone.
 
You called me a sinner,
You called me a saint,
But all I am is your Villain,
And your Hope I Shall Taint.
 
 

© 2008 N. James Frazier


Author's Note

N. James Frazier
Please ignore grammer

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

to be honest, I am not sure what I think. The writing is good but I am trying to figure out what I feel. I almost want the voice the poem is written in to be even more descriptive about the person with Amber Eyes. I feel like if this is an act of taking someone's innocents there will be even more expression- deeper more intense. Is it a piece where the Villain is self proclaiming the title and noting what has occurred, or is it a piece where the Villain is reflecting on the person with Amber Eyes feelings? I admit I could be looking into it too much because I am a victim of a crime, but maybe these are things you can explore.
I do love the new voice of the poem. creative and wonderful writing.
peace,
D

Posted 16 Years Ago


I thought this was a strong piece, last lines were pretty strong as well, You Called me a Sinner, You Called me a Saint, But All I am is your Villain, And your love I shall Taint."
The piece in it self gives emotion to love, addressing the confusion with the last line.


Posted 16 Years Ago


I thought this was a strong piece, last lines were pretty strong as well, You Called me a Sinner, You Called me a Saint, But All I am is your Villain, And your love I shall Taint."
The piece in it self gives emotion to love, addressing the confusion with the last line.


Posted 16 Years Ago


sinners, saints, villians...tainted indifferences...I liked it though I wish i knew exactly what you meant to convey...I had my own thoughts in my head but this appeared as though it could relate to everyone in a different way depending on how their lives have made their way to their current state...



~*Holly*~

"Carried away into a city of unfortold dreams, everything is something except what it seems"

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2008
Last Updated on February 10, 2008

Author

N. James Frazier
N. James Frazier

Chicago, IL



About
I am 20 and I write short stories and screen plays. While also attempting to direct them and turn these pieces into a film. I also right some poetry. I am also a manager/director/and advertise for a s.. more..

Writing