If you love yourself

If you love yourself

A Story by SomnambularSublunar

“If you love yourself, in a proportionally and fair way, people around you will love you, too.” He says.

“Is that why everyone likes you so much?” I ask, smiling. He grins back and I see that his fake tooth is a little different from his real ones.

“Oh, ya. I think I’m a quite a catch.”

I laugh as he starts playing with his retainer, clicking the fake tooth in and out.

“Ew, stop!” I squeal and we both laugh.

 

Love myself…gotta learn to love myself, in a proportional and fair way, I think as I stand in front of the mirror. Slowly, I take off my sweater. On the inside of my wrist, there are a couple scars. I’m still not sure if I hate these reminders of self-harm, or if I’m grateful for what they taught me. Probably both. After a couple seconds, I take off my shirt. Even though I’m wearing a push-up bra, you can still easily see that I have small b***s. Unfortunately, most high school boys aren’t into small b***s. However, I tell myself, that is one nice skinny waist and those are pretty distinct abs. I step out of the sweatpants and look at the cherry red panties with white lace. The panties are absolutely adorable, but no a*s, no matter how much I arch my back. I’m a*s-less! First, that makes me frown, but then I look at my long tan legs and the thigh gap that so many girls wish for. I should be grateful for that, I think. On the other hand, I’ve had so many crushes on girls who didn’t have a thigh gap, who didn’t have skinny waists. It makes me so sad, it even frustrates me, when people hate their bodies. If I could, I would go around and tell every insecure boy and girl out there how beautiful they are. I know I would be sincere, no matter who it was.

Maybe I should stop hating my skinniness and wincing every time I stretch and my ribs protrude.

I go out into the living room and connect my phone to the speakers and turn on the music. At first I shiver (when you’re skin and bones staying warm is quite difficult. But that means lots of guys and girls giving you their coats and jackets), but soon I start reviewing all my dances and all the shivering stops. I never knew that dancing with no clothes on is actually so fun. I pretend that around me is the rest of the dance team as I go through the moves, counting out loud and laughing every time I mess up. My cat sits on the couch watching me, her eyes full of shock and concern. She doesn’t understand that this is a very serious self-healing process.

 

Love yourself, for your own sake.

Lots and lots of kisses,

Laska

© 2016 SomnambularSublunar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on May 8, 2016
Last Updated on May 15, 2016
Tags: support, love, personal, inspiration

Author

SomnambularSublunar
SomnambularSublunar

San Diego, CA



About
I just pray that nobody I know ever finds this account more..

Writing