I Love

I Love

A Poem by SomnambularSublunar

I love getting into bed in a big T-shirt right after a shower when the comforter and pillows are cold.
I love stretching across the soft carpet right on a sun spot next to my cat and counting how many shades of green and yellow she has in her round eyes.
I love wrestling with a boy who has strong arms and a warm laugh until I'm too weak to lift a finger from laughing.
I love mixing white cream and cocoa powder in a clean bowl until it becomes one, thick, chocolate goodness.
I love trying to write neatly and then admiring the bubble but still a little messy handwriting.
I love having a girl sit on my lap because there's no more space in the car and make her giggle with witty comments.
I love stacking up my textbooks and putting back papers into massive binders after a long evening of homework and studying, feeling productive and proud.
I love looking down and seeing new, clean shoes.
I love drinking tea with milk and sugar when it's that perfect luke warm temperature and makes me shiver and purr.
I love undressing in the bathroom and feeling good about my body when I look into the mirror.
I love writing a test and knowing the answer to every question.
I love dancing in my living room to loud music home alone in my underwear and bra, dancing out all the regrets, lies, and insecurities.
I love. 

© 2016 SomnambularSublunar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have interesting likes...or should I say loves. I drink green tea almost every night with honey. I love it.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 15, 2016
Tags: personal, inspiration, support, love

Author

SomnambularSublunar
SomnambularSublunar

San Diego, CA



About
I just pray that nobody I know ever finds this account more..

Writing