My Philosphy

My Philosphy

A Poem by hyancynthstofeedthysoul
"

I wrote this as a review for one of my sons poems.

"

Some think twoud it great to be king,
To which I say it's no such thing.
Having been there,
It's far more rare,
To sit  poor and contently sing.

© 2009 hyancynthstofeedthysoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent poem. The quiet, unassuming nature of your words speak of the quiet virtues learned in the more common areas of life.

Posted 12 Years Ago


My only response to this is a smile thank you for sharing your philosophy! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is short, sweet, and to the point. A great philosphy; please make time to read mine, some day. I haven't seen this writing style, in quite a while; I forget what it is called, at the moment. However, you do the writing style justice and you, quickly, say a lot with few words, like the ancient runic writings. Nicely and expertly done!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


contentment...wow...wish everyone shares your philosophy..world would be a better place.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"Some might think, 'twould be great to be king;"...
If only humanity could learn to be content with what they have, and dream less of acquiring more and yet more stuff...
This is a beautiful philosophy, and so succinctly said it seems more a lyric than a limerick!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this
tate

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a great philosophy! This could be the lyrics of a short song, few rifs here and there and you're away ..

Posted 14 Years Ago


Here, here. I'm poor, but I don't "sing" that often... It is rare.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thank god for short poems, they do the heart and mind wonders. So many think that to express something important, the poem must be long, but this disproves that statement. Great poem, I enjoyed it greatly and read it more than once. Thanks for sharing!
-Bryce

Posted 14 Years Ago


Truer words will never be written.
Thanks for keeping me in touch with what I need to be.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

470 Views
10 Reviews
Added on July 7, 2009

Author

hyancynthstofeedthysoul
hyancynthstofeedthysoul

middletown, OH



About
A long and eventful life I have lived one. While stationed in Germany I visited every country in free Europe and the British Isles. In the U.S. 48 of the 50 only missed Alaska and Hawaii. Have worked .. more..

Writing