A College Degree

A College Degree

A Story by Naomi Bloom
"

An exercise for a high school creative writing class.

"

“If you have a college degree, you can be absolutely certain that you have...”


Paper.  Ink.  Millions of Penstrokes, recording countless lectures.  Memories.  Friends?  Dreams?  Plans?  Fears?  Nightmares?  Millions of pen strokes recording countless lectures.  


But how many lectures did you truly listen to?  How much have you really learned?  Through all the YouTube, the conversations, the catching up with the residence pillow and blanket, the millions of pen strokes, have you ever listened, truly listened to one lesson?


“...a college degree.”

© 2013 Naomi Bloom


Author's Note

Naomi Bloom
This was a writing exercise from a high school creative writing class. We were given the beginning of a quote, "“If you have a college degree, you can be absolutely certain that you have...” and we had to free write the rest of the sentence.

The full quote is "“If you have a college degree, you can be absolutely certain that you have a college degree." The person who said it was Robert Anthony.

Interestingly enough, I wrote this before high school, and, as a university alumni, I think I wasn't too far off the mark in my description of a college degree.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on January 13, 2013
Last Updated on January 13, 2013
Tags: exercise, high school, creative, writing, class, lesson, college, degree, university, education, higher learning, postsecondary, reflection, quote, robert anthony, short story, free write, writer

Author

Naomi Bloom
Naomi Bloom

Ontario, Canada



About
An amateur writer of poems, short stories and other types of writing. I recently graduated from university and I am trying to figure out what to do with my life. Victorian England, name meanings, be.. more..

Writing
Drowning Drowning

A Poem by Naomi Bloom