What Can You Do?

What Can You Do?

A Poem by Nastia

Love is a chemical produced in the brain, a chemical so strong it can knock you off your feet and bring you back up again.

But when a heart breaks, you feel it bleed, you feel it tear. For a moment you go blind, deaf, you lose you. All you are left with are thoughts of despair, of hurt and fear.

Your heart beats, your body moves but you dont feel a thing but the roaring pain. The scream of your heart. The blood pulsating through your body.

'was he thinking of her while kissing me?'

'was it his heart he felt beating in my chest?'

'did he close his eyes and see her in his arms?'

'does her body hold his heart, do i just give him much needed release?'

These thoughts, they run through you like a fire. Burning your heart, your soul, your helpless mind.

They all stop working they break you down. They tear at you like a lions teeth. Tearing your insides, leaving nothing but the pain behind.

Who are you now if your heart is broken? If your mind runs endles possibilities and fears around it and cant let you rest, cant let you breathe, cant let the fear slip away?

Every move you make, every single step is broken and lost. What can you do when your heart is broken?

© 2012 Nastia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on December 1, 2012
Last Updated on December 1, 2012