The Burberry Girl

The Burberry Girl

A Poem by Addict With a Pen
"

My heart beats for the girl in the Burberry trench coat...

"

My heart beats for the girl in the Burberry trench coat

With her milky orange rain boots


They shame my blueberry bruised sneakers

That match my crooked blue tie


She takes me back to the apricot plagued field  

That drench my childhood memories


A run down field of bittersweet fruit

That festered below my stomping bare feet


She pulls me forward, towards her plum colored lips

That attract my honeydew ones like a magnet


Then she pushes me down to the pavemented ground

With a laugh that fills my heart of liquored cherries


Although tears spilled from my eye like a bitter white wine

I forgave the Burberry girl


And no less does my heart beat for her colored look

And the way that she plays my raspberry charred heart

© 2018 Addict With a Pen


Author's Note

Addict With a Pen
Let me know what you honestly think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to express in this piece, but I love it. From the colorful descriptions to the light-hearted playfulness throughout, this was a vivid piece of writing that (because of its vagueness) will probably resonate in entirely different ways among readers. As for me, I interpreted this piece as a character with a dark past who only finds beauty in the "Burberry Girl." It seems like the speaker can only focus on the girl's outward colors as opposed to her inward beauty (or lack thereof). Or, perhaps, the colors could symbolize the girl's inward beauty ... or maybe they contrast with them ... or maybe ... (I'm just rambling now).

Anyways, I thought this was a though-provoking write. It appealed to both my emotional and intellectual sides ... a perfect blend.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm like mildly confused on the theme bUT i love how descriptive you were and i loved how in the last 2 stanzas i got a more melancholy feeling compared to the smitten feeling in the previous ones!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Addict With a Pen

6 Years Ago

:) yeah this piece is one of my weirder ones, a mix of themes. Thank you for the feedback! I appreci.. read more
I love the descriptions in this. The topic of color really brings it to life. It makes it almost three dimensional. Like William said, I'm not entirely sure what the purpose was but I interpreted it as a 'boring' boy meeting a very 'colorful' girl. To me, the colors really developed the meaning in it for me.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to express in this piece, but I love it. From the colorful descriptions to the light-hearted playfulness throughout, this was a vivid piece of writing that (because of its vagueness) will probably resonate in entirely different ways among readers. As for me, I interpreted this piece as a character with a dark past who only finds beauty in the "Burberry Girl." It seems like the speaker can only focus on the girl's outward colors as opposed to her inward beauty (or lack thereof). Or, perhaps, the colors could symbolize the girl's inward beauty ... or maybe they contrast with them ... or maybe ... (I'm just rambling now).

Anyways, I thought this was a though-provoking write. It appealed to both my emotional and intellectual sides ... a perfect blend.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the way you use a variety of fruit colors to suggest that "natural" is somehow not quite as good as something polished & purchased in a fancy store. We all look up to these branded items at some point in our lives as if the shiny baubles are somehow better than just being our own natural selves. I hope this narrator learns that he/she really does have the more desirable possession: being able to see all the colors of life.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Addict With a Pen

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review :) I appreciate your opinion and input, barleygirl
If it weren't boxing day here and the start of the sales, I would seriously be considering going to the store and having a fruit salad for breakfast. Not only did you manage to colour your words so well in this piece, but left the reader feeling hungry too. :)
I have attempted a similar style to this in the past, that came out weak and feeling forced, but you just took a thought and let it flow and that is exactly how it reads, natural, with no additives or preservatives. Superb.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Addict With a Pen

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you liked the different style :)
You used a lot of colour in this poem, and there was contrast between you (Blue) and the girl(Orange). Distinct opposites. I don't entirely understand the poem, but i'm not always the best at that sort of thing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Addict With a Pen

7 Years Ago

Thats okay, I don't understand it myself. I just thought it would be fun to carry a fruit theme. I s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

477 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2016
Last Updated on January 16, 2018

Author

Addict With a Pen
Addict With a Pen

UT



About
Are you searching for purpose? Then write something, yeah it might be worthless Then paint something, then it might be wordless Pointless curses, nonsense verses You'll see purpose start to surfac.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..