Cure Me

Cure Me

A Poem by Natalie Dieudonne

As I dream at night I try my best not to dream of you,
yet I always do.
When I close my eyes I pray that you don't haunt my thoughts, 
yet you always do. 
Why is it that my mind can't wipe out the existence of you? 
Though I still question if our love was ever true, I prat to God for only the best for you. 
Why do I still hold on to the hope of me and you? 
When clearly the lose of me from your life as done nothing to you. 
I fill my thoughts with the hope of new love and a cherished heart. 
I've dedicated years of my life into what was to be our future, its scary to have to restart. 
I swear I see your face at every corner I turn. 
I just want it to stop, every blood cell in my heart burns. 
Can someone help me before I go insane,
I'm searching for the cure of this disease called pain.

© 2014 Natalie Dieudonne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is awesome! I love it :) Great job!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and reviewing. I'm happy you liked it.
Love when not returned is not cute at all and this piece really places the reality of the experience close up, nose to nose and personal. It is easy to feel every bit of angst your voice can muster. Good yet sobering for those of us who have traveled these emotion a time then some.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Shirlena

9 Years Ago

Writing really does help you look at and then move it along. it really is therapy that way.
Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Yes it is. Without writing a lot of people would see the not so sweet side of me lol...
It hel.. read more
Shirlena

9 Years Ago

I know the feelings take time.
This is a great piece. It sounds like the lyrics of a song. You definitely did a good job expressing yourself

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read my work and for the kind review. I truly appreciate it :)
I absolutely love your writing and the way you capture your emotions. You kind of let them flow out piece by piece. Love it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

9 Years Ago

Writing is my way of releasing my emotions without judgment. In a sense its therapy for me.
Th.. read more
Awesome poem keep up the great work and keep sending me more to read i love reading them.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

10 Years Ago

Thank you.
I will :)
melissa

10 Years Ago

Your welcome
That final line says more than a book; it's spilling over in feelings of anguish. Your poem as a whole is almost a plea for answers, for reasons to 'what happened and why to us?' I truly hope and pray that your feelings calm as time eats your sad words and absorbs your salty tears.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words :)
It is a plea for answers, answers I might never get but that'.. read more
I hate watching someone as creative n beautiful as you get pain. The doors of love are always open for angels for of course, you'd get find love someday with whom you'll live and re-start your life to make it gratifying living for life. That lucky guy how left a mark on you put you on pain now and left you alone in the world, you want to re-start you life without making more mistakes..without letting anybody go leave marks on you anymore cus, now you desire to consume the drops of loves from someone who keeps you into the depth of his heart not under his shed. Your themes're real, I liked the way of your working. You truly express your feelings via words into many forms of verbs.

Keep Writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

10 Years Ago

I will try my best :)
Stephen

10 Years Ago

You make me smile again. Yeah, Angels always do their best making the world beautiful to live so, a.. read more
Natalie Dieudonne

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
The only cure is love & time, for which some lucky guy out there will give you. Beautiful Natalie! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

10 Years Ago

Yeah everyone keeps telling me that lol. I'm being patient.
Thank you Christian :)
I have no experience in broken hearts (or love at all) but this.. I don't even know how to put it. I just want you to know that this was strong text with beautiful words and it surely is full of emotion.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Natalie Dieudonne

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the review and for taking the time to read my work.
:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

835 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 3, 2014
Last Updated on March 3, 2014
Tags: pain, love, hope

Author

Natalie Dieudonne
Natalie Dieudonne

Miami, FL



About
Writing has always been the outlet to my emotions. Even as a child I had imaginary stories instead of imaginary friends. It has always been in my blood but I never had the courage to seriously pursue .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..