The Long Way Back Home

The Long Way Back Home

A Story by Nazifa Noor
"

This story is meant to make people remember the strong bond made between people, through short but sweet moments or day! :)

"
After spending a decade away from home, I was not sure of how to react when Emela asked me about my father. The last time, I heard of him; he was working in the ranches which was claimed to be owned by some rich Texan.
Anyways, she managed to force me to go there and see how he was in person; and I promised to go only if she was coming with me.
We were on the road for a little over two days, but still we were not bored. The sun was bright everyday. There was an open, clear, grassy, desert-like environment, and the more we were growing closer to these areas; the more we were certain of growing near our destination.
On the third day, I saw the ranches. Horses were running on a fine, thick strand of land and there I saw my father's light-brown hair, glistening under the bright yellow light. The introduction would not have taken much time; if my father had not hugged me for long but who could blame him; I came back after a fairly long time.
We had a wonderful family brunch that afternoon. We rode horses, saw the great vineyards and cherished every moment together because we knew that I would be gone the next morning.
That evening, we set up a great bonfire, and danced like children under the great, thick-black clouds.
The next morning, me and Emela set off for Illinois...... seeing my father's sad waving image slowly disappearing, as we drove away amidst the great camouflage of grass and sand. 

© 2013 Nazifa Noor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on October 11, 2013
Last Updated on October 11, 2013
Tags: desert, sand, father, sad, home, family

Author

Nazifa Noor
Nazifa Noor

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
Writing is something natural. It is something that people can relate with, people can admire and cherish. I hope to bring that ethereal feeling to my writing and would love it if someone gives their r.. more..