Imperfect Humans

Imperfect Humans

A Poem by Divine Pain

Who are we? Why do we do what we do? Why does our actions reflect our deepest feelings? Why do we hide it all behind a mask of integrity, pride, and glamour? why do we believe the slits of despair and torment can be closed with butterfly stitches or a cast made of cement or better yet iron giving us the false hope of healing?

We try to cover our wounds with pretty hello kitty band aids; you know the ones that are winking back at us assuring it will heal in due time. They say time heals all wounds, but this timer seems to be going forever. The pain becomes a norm to most and baggage to all. Baggage that seems to weigh down like an anchor except there seems to be no way to pull it back up to be able to keep pushing. 

Each step becomes unnoticed, each word becomes muffled due to our "know it all" egos. Egos that seem to overpower our common courtesy of "how are you" and "Let me help you." Instead it's "what can you do for me" and "how will I benefit?" The unfortunate lure of deceit and disloyalty seems to be socially acceptable. 

With all that being said, we do what we do because we feed of off false hope, pride, and glamour. I mean everything that glitters is gold right? 

Our actions reflect our deepest feelings because we fail to realize we cannot contain our emotions for too long without it surfacing it on its own.
Integrity, pride, and glamour is exactly what it is. A mask; a different persona in our naturally demented minds. 

Butterfly stitches can only hold for a bit but a new set will be needed once the stitching becomes worn and puss filled; infected to be exact. 

Band aids becomes pricey after a while so we end up leaving our wounds uncovered and allowing our selves for a staph infection. 

So again who are we? Why do we do what we do? We are imperfect, ungrateful, naïve, addicted to social acceptance, Thirsty for approval, dehydrated from lack of communication, spoiled with neglectful love, Spoiled with acceptable media voices. Who are we? we are none the less imperfect humans.

© 2020 Divine Pain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for this. Asking again "WHO ARE WE" after laying out good argument about us being humans, all bleed red, all with heart and love and care. Though all of this is under an imperfect form. Good job!

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
1 Review
Added on May 24, 2020
Last Updated on May 24, 2020

Author

Divine Pain
Divine Pain

philadelphia, PA



Writing
vibes vibes

A Poem by Divine Pain


Friends Friends

A Poem by Divine Pain


Unknown Unknown

A Poem by Divine Pain