Off to School

Off to School

A Chapter by ObscureManipulator
"

In this chapter we find out about Jacob and witness him being thrown into the forest.

"

     *Beep.* *Beep.* *Beep.* *Beep.* The alarm clock scretches in my ear as I reach out my hand to turn it off. I get up and make my bed with my eyes barely opening. I get dressed and head downstairs for breakfast. My mom and little brother are already there, all dressed up and squirting syrup onto their pancakes. I sit in the only avalible chair and stare at my pancakes. I really dont feel hungry. Maybe its because I miss my dad. You see, my parents got divorced a few months ago because they kept fighting. Eversince my dad left, my life has been a boring routine. Get up, go to school, eat, sleep, get up, and so on. This is as exciting my life will ever be. Dad was the only one who had a job in our family, so when he left, so did the cash. Mom has an interview today though, maybe things can change. I hear a horn from outside the house and snap back to reality. Ryan`s (my little brother`s) bus is parked outside as he rushes to finish his breakfast. I say goodbye to him as he leaves. Ryan is only 10 years old and studies in the fifth grade. Hes lucky. No homework and no bullying. I am 15 and I go to tenth grade. I don`t mind learning, its the people in school I don`t like. They`re always picking on me for being smart. We can`t afford a private school so i guess I just have to put up with them. I hear a second horn, my bus is here. I grab my backpack, kiss my mom goodbye, and head outside nervously. I hate the bus. I`m the last stop, which means that by the time I get on, the bus is already full and people don`t let me sit with them. They laugh at me, so most of the times I end up standing up on the bus.

    As I enter the school, I mentally prepare myself for harsh words. I go to my locker and empty it out into my backpack, then head to first period. A bit of learning should ease my mind.

    I spend the rest of the day at school daydreaming, about how life would differ if dad were here. The bell rings and I head outside. I think i`ll walk, it`s better than riding the bus again. I begin to walk home when I run into Tomas, the school bully.

    "Hey Jacob, you heading home?", asked Tomas with an evil grin. "None of your buisness!", I retort. "We`ll see about that!", Tomas screams as he leaps onto me. I roll over, dodging his attack. He throws a punch at me and I fall to the gound. He lifts me up and throws me over the fence that borders the forest that surrounds the school. The last thing I remember is hitting a rock and falling unconsious...........



© 2012 ObscureManipulator


Author's Note

ObscureManipulator
Here is my first chapter of my book the Path to Home. ummm please tell me what you think as you are always welcome to critisize. :P please dont excuse any grammar mistakes! :) You can tell im pretty excited about this book because its the first original book I made >.< Enjoy!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holy Penguins! Very cool, you just earned 600 points from me! I honestly want to read more...my eyes are burning from reading it over and over again. Very amazing Verene I'll admit that I also ate chocolate while reading this, but you deserve an extra 50 points.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Uwah! It's awesome!!!! I didn't know that you could write like thissssss! I seriously love survival-based stories. Somehow this reminds me of hatchet, except, minus the plane and other stuff. I can't wait for an update!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2012
Last Updated on July 20, 2012
Tags: Suspence, Adventure, Inspiring, Miracle


Author

ObscureManipulator
ObscureManipulator

About
Nice to meet you~ Name's Verene~ I like cats, flowers, orchestra, and playing violin. My favorite color is purple :33 more..

Writing