They Loved

They Loved

A Poem by Neko Green
"

I've never been in love. But I hope this is what it's like.

"
she loved him.

she loved the way he called her freckles when she was crying so she would get angry instead.
she loved the way he ate all her goldfish even when she specifically told him no.
she loved the way he never said the same thing twice, unless he was reciting the funny or cool parts in action movies she never really got the point of.
she loved the way he never knew the right thing to say.

she loved.


he loved her.

he loved the way she glowered at him when he stole all the covers and pretended to be asleep.
he loved the way how all the small things pleased her, and big things she refused to accept.
he loved the way she always insisted ‘space!’ in company, then snuggled with him late at night when no one was looking.
he loved the way her cooking made him want to gag on the rare night she insisted she cook.

he loved.


that's all there ever was to it.

© 2010 Neko Green


Author's Note

Neko Green
It's rare I write something romantic. I hope you enjoy.
(c) Neko Green, 2010

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

it is sweet. happy. positive... great job! so happy... i made me feel happier too.. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Added on May 20, 2010
Last Updated on May 20, 2010

Author

Neko Green
Neko Green

NY



About
Well, I live off writing. I eat it, I drink it, I sleep it, I do it when I'm supposed to be doing work. My characters drag me along for the crazy ride as fast as my fingers can type. They often get im.. more..

Writing