Daughters of the sun

Daughters of the sun

A Story by Mika Haruna
"

This is an excerpt from a book i was thinking of starting, this isn't too far in, does it sound like it's worth continuing?

"

We stood atop the mountain, looking across the rolling waves of the sea. Dark, ominous clouds began to roll in from the north, bringing with them the heavy scent of rain. I clutched my hands into fists, before turning to Dante, who leaned against a nearby tree, arms crossed in front of him.


“How are we supposed to get to the island now?” I shouted. He cocked his head to the side and cupped his ear, as if he hadn't heard me. I repeated my words, with much more force, not wanting to get closer to him than I needed to.


Dante did the same as before, feigning that he couldn't hear a word I said. I stomped my foot indignantly . I could tell he was chuckling, the way his chest moved. Dante then uncrossed his arms and began moving toward me, his strides long and focused.


As he drew closer, I began to back away. I could still feel the fear in my chest from before, since it had been less than twenty four hours since he tried to kill me. Stumbling backwards, I crashed to the ground. Cursing under my breath, I looked up, to see Dante leaning over me, his hand extended to help me up.


I stood on my own, looking him in the eyes as I did so. He frowned and leaned close to me. “listen, princess. I like you about as much as you like me. But if you want to save your sister, I suggest you adopt a sweeter attitude, at least until we make it to the island.”


I gritted my teeth, jerking away from him. He snickered and whispered harshly. “Just remember what I said. If it weren't for me, I doubt you would have even made it this far. Show a little appreciation.”


Dante turned and began to walk back toward the temple. I sighed, sometimes I really couldn’t stand that guy. But if I was going to get to the island, and to the Shades, I would need both his and Ryuu’s help. 

© 2012 Mika Haruna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

sounds like a good beginning and you have piqued interest from the outset. i think you meant to use the word indignantly when you "stamped your foot" indigently has an entirely different meaning (actually, indigent is a word meaning "of the area"). it is nice to see you on here again, it has been some time! welcome back.....

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mika Haruna

11 Years Ago

Thank you! I've been really busy lately with being a sophmore and all of the piled up homework, but .. read more



Reviews

Oh- this is brilliantly done. It draws me in and makes me ask many questions- no small feat. I love how I get a feel of Dante's character. I can almost imagine him as a sarcastic, quite, wise guy. I believe you should defiantly continue you on with this and put me out of my misery because I would personally read that book.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes..definately ..good characters and alude to the plot! Laury

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My curiosity is peaked and I would definitely follow the story if you were to continue it. This is a great beginning.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sounds like a good beginning and you have piqued interest from the outset. i think you meant to use the word indignantly when you "stamped your foot" indigently has an entirely different meaning (actually, indigent is a word meaning "of the area"). it is nice to see you on here again, it has been some time! welcome back.....

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mika Haruna

11 Years Ago

Thank you! I've been really busy lately with being a sophmore and all of the piled up homework, but .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 20, 2012

Author

Mika Haruna
Mika Haruna

YOUR MOM'S HOUSE!



About
Well my name is G.N Bradley, though my friends usually call me Nel or Mika. I'm 16 and have a passion for writing. My favorite authors are Cassandra Clare, Becca Fitzpatrick and Ray Bradbury. I'm curr.. more..

Writing
Unkind Unkind

A Poem by Mika Haruna