Eternal Embrace

Eternal Embrace

A Story by Mika Haruna
"

this just popped into my head....

"
the sunlight poured throuhg the treetops, lighting everything around them. they were the forground of a beautiful painting, splashed with tones of yellow and green. the edges of the painting were still white, because that was where he wanted his story to continue.

the green grass, that resembled a thousand gentle fingers, caressed her face and body with gentle waves of their green tendrils. the light was slanted across her face, flashing millions of different colors, across the spectrum off of her multi faceted diamond necklace. the necklace her parents had left in their will for her all those years ago.

he was a part of the earth itself, so it seemed. he hadnt moved in so long. he didnt know if he could bring himself to do it. he hugged the girl in a gentle way. her skin was pale and she just looked so fragile, like those china dolls that always dotted the neighborehood shop windows. the boy felt that if he gripped her too hard, she would crack, and break into a million pieces.

leaves danced around the lonesome pair, cascading around them in the form of some long forgotten dance. they hugged his shoulders, almost as if to tell him, with their slightly curled leaves, that everything was going to be okay. he held her hand and they layed there for a long time.

the boy laughed to himself, invisioning tendrils of moss crawling over their bodies, like the forest was claiming them as its own. the light became softer and the sounds of the forest dulled around them. his eyes became heavy. he sat up, he wasnt going to let himself fall asleep.

the girl looked so beautful. he gripped her hand a little harder, hoping that maybe, just maybe, some of his warmth could spread from his fingers to hers, prodding her from her sleep. she stayed cold, however. he knew that her body would never regain its sunny warmth, the heat that had held his body all those nights, prodding him away from his lonliness.

she had saved him, moving him away from the dark hole that tore at the edges of his heart. like so many of those nights, that now seemed like a lifetime ago, her lashes fell softly on her pale, cream colored face. he knew that when those eyes were open, they would be the color of snow, a pure white, shining with thousands of crystals within their pale depths, with a hint of sky blue, remaining just below the surface.

he looked away from her, the strings of his heart tugging painfully in his chest. stars glittered far away, turning the velvet black of the sky into an array of sparkling gems, twinkling and turning in their own worlds, not knowing, nor caring that their mystical light fell on the two children, causing tears to well in the boys green eyes.

he remembered those nights, so long ago, filled with laughter and sometimes tears. she had held him when he cried, when he longed for a life like the other children. the other children, who had parents, a house, and a warm meal every night. it had been this girl, with her hair so dark it shone blue, that had saved him from his despair.

she had given him what no other had even thouht to give him, hope, love, and undying friendship. she had never asked him of anything in return, nor had she wanted anything. she knew they were like eachother, no place to go, no family to keep them. they were kindred spirits.

he layed a hand on her cheek, and he started sobbing. she was just so cold, like those snowy days, when a blanket of white covered the world, as silvery flakes drifted down from the heavens, covereing everything in their soft brilliance.

he leaned over her, using all of his strength. his stomach growled furiously, as he was used to. he liked it better that way, because the hollowness in his belly matched that of his heart.

the boy put his arms around her, hugging her tightly to his thin chest. he stroked her hair, the same way she used to do to him when he tossed and turned in the night, sleep unwilling to visit his wandering mind.

then he whispered the words to her, though he knew they would fall on deaf ears, they were the words he had practiced saying to her everyday, since the day they had met. "i love you." then he layed his head down on the soft grass, and he closed his eyes one last time, before holding her tightly in their eternal embrace.

© 2012 Mika Haruna


Author's Note

Mika Haruna
ignore grammer and punctuation plz

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So sad! The boy love's this girl, but she's dead...(right? I'm not sure...) He loved her so much.
Great description and storyline! Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


this was truly a magnificent piece, i loved it so much!! totally going into my library!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Other then the repetitive use of 'tendrils' this is a lovely descriptive piece. You did a good job helping us see, feel, and sense the mood in this. Right from the beginning I sense she might be dead, but you played it out so it was more sad than terrifying.

The ending gave an almost peaceful feel to what is truly a tragic story. Lovely write :) I very much enjoyed the read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very eloquent. You have a lovely narrator's voice. And admittedly, I'm a sucker for stories such as this. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


The description here is very good. The story was a good read. Good job! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

431 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2012
Last Updated on January 15, 2012

Author

Mika Haruna
Mika Haruna

YOUR MOM'S HOUSE!



About
Well my name is G.N Bradley, though my friends usually call me Nel or Mika. I'm 16 and have a passion for writing. My favorite authors are Cassandra Clare, Becca Fitzpatrick and Ray Bradbury. I'm curr.. more..

Writing
Unkind Unkind

A Poem by Mika Haruna