Mental Escape

Mental Escape

A Poem by NelliKong

Mental Escape

Escape… what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that I physically remove myself from this world? Or does it mean that I somehow teleport myself to another subsection of my subconscious? The second option has so many doors that I would end up in oblivion. My subconscious is like a cross between Alice and wonderland and an endless library of memories. So many doors that lead to endless subsections of subsections. The deeper I go the harder it is for me to escape. It’s like I’m in a maze and everyone I think I made it out I end up a different point with new twists and turns. Even in my escape I still somehow feel trapped. Thoughts, emotions and experiences become personified. Images so vivid and lifelike I feel it full force. Deja vu all over again, like someone is constantly hitting the rewind and play button on a remote to rewatch a specific part. However, I want to push two buttons myself. First I wish to push the pause button myself but it’s not working in my  favor. The more I try to reach for the remote it keeps moving further and farther away. The second button I can’t seem to press is the fast forward. Oh how I wish to skip past these thoughts or simply delete them from my database. No matter how hard I try to delete these atrocities from my hippocampus it still stays on my hard drive. Just like a computer that attains viruses and hacked they can be rid clean of those toxic things. However, me on the other hand doesn’t have that luxury. So this brings me back to my initial question; what does it mean to escape ? Well I think I found the answer. Escaping doesn’t actually exist   Escaping us a figment thing that we as humans developed in order to function and survive as an evolutionary way to keep here. Escape is a trap with itself. The answer isn’t to escape but maybe to better understand the directions to the next destination.


© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've literally written how I feel right now. I love how you're able to link every aspect together. Good job Nelli.

Posted 11 Months Ago


NelliKong

11 Months Ago

Thank you. Happy I could make my words speak to you
Feelings In Motion.

11 Months Ago

You're welcome
Wow...

Really very good!!!

I love the way how you think and process stuff... and the relations and co-relations you make.

A computer... well yeah... sure why not...

Basic psychologists understand perfectly well how the mind through the sub-conscious can indeed be... programmed... just like an ordinary computer...

We may find ourselves at times... in our lives... without any more enough storage memory...

Just like a regular hard drive.

So yeah... psychology... the Human mind... really nothing but... a very advanced biological...
computer.

Awesome!!!

To really finish this review well... maybe indeed somehow... in a certain way...

Deus ex machina... or whatever.

Oh my... might be blasphemy... lol

;)

Posted 11 Months Ago


NelliKong

11 Months Ago

I appreciate all your input. Encouraging to a fellow writer.
The_Ancient_Rock

11 Months Ago

You are most welcome.

And thank you!
Writing is great escapism in itself. If you can put it all down in words it certainly helps. Keep writing and expressing what you feel - helps you get on top of things.

Posted 1 Year Ago


NelliKong

1 Year Ago

Thank you. I’ll keep writing whenever I get the inspiration
I agree Nelli Kong.
"Escape is a trap with itself. The answer isn’t to escape but maybe to better understand the directions to the next destination."
I tried to escape often and I landed in the same place somehow. Nice flow of thoughts and I liked the strong ending. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2023
Last Updated on January 10, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Life Life

A Poem by Weeping willow


rain rain

A Poem by mou