Broken Glass of a Broken Reflection

Broken Glass of a Broken Reflection

A Poem by NelliKong

I try not to stare into the rear view mirror of my past, but I just keep looking at this broken glass. The glass is broken into a million pieces and I can’t even fathom how to even attempt to put the pieces back together. I replay the scene of the glass breaking and see pieces ricocheting off the walls just bouncing from place to place. The glass feels like a cotton ball despite its sharp and ridged edges as it grazes my skin exposing my internal waters. My waters soon make a river that I will soon drown in because it’s hard for me to keep afloat. No matter how I try to swim or paddle I always keep sinking deeper and deeper each time I get closer to the surface the currents pull me further down. The salt of the ocean is stinging my already exposed flesh as if I were to set my body into a blaze. Maybe I should drink it because maybe then internally I will be cleansed and rid of this evil that lives inside me. Like bleach just cleanse me of all my wrongs and dirt that I just can’t seem to shake off no matter how hard I scrub. The left over pieces of glass I swallow whole as I wash it down in the same waters. Now every time I try to speak the glass cuts deeper into my throat, tearing away at whatever I had left of a voice. So, now I just no longer speak because it hurts too much to express how I feel; speaking and the high chance nobody will see the blood pouring from my mouth due to the internal destruction is something I can’t bare. I feel like I’m in a glass display window. People walk right pass me but yet never stopped to look. I press my hands and face in hopes that any individual would act silly look back and see that I was behind the glass. This maybe one glass window that I’m unable to break. Every time I try to break it there’s not even a dent to show the progress I have made. As I look out I coke to realize that maybe instead of breaking the glass, but to break myself. Maybe then if I was in a million pieces I would be seen. Instead of feeling whole and as one, the conclusion is to shatter myself into a million pieces. Maybe just then everyone will have a piece of me. 

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, that's deep. I'm not sure my analytical mind could even process all the symbolism. I usually write books about adolescent adventures (fiction). So, I'm afraid my poetry is quite simple. But I do enjoy writing it. Thanks for sharing. My daughter writes profound poetry too. I guess she got the gift from me, but hers is a much higher elevation than mine.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NelliKong

1 Year Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment it means a lot.



Reviews

Great write very deep
Well done !

Posted 1 Year Ago


NelliKong

1 Year Ago

Thank you I appreciate the comment
To be seen? I don't know Nelli Kong. I am more like Salinger. I like the quiet life. When we fall into a million pieces. Who will pick-up? Nice flow of thoughts. You made the reader ponder and think. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


NelliKong

1 Year Ago

thank you I appreciate the feedback its encouraging and thoughtful
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome Nelli Kong.
I will be first to admit that prose poetry is not my favorite type but I acknowledge that it has a place and some words simply call for that treatment. This seems the case here. I like the depth to which you have gone to express these feeling. The feelings came through in the word. That is success. I am curious is you have written any other forms.

Winston

Posted 1 Year Ago


NelliKong

1 Year Ago

thank you I appreciate the feedback Winston. Im in the process of writing other pieces that are outs.. read more
Wow, that's deep. I'm not sure my analytical mind could even process all the symbolism. I usually write books about adolescent adventures (fiction). So, I'm afraid my poetry is quite simple. But I do enjoy writing it. Thanks for sharing. My daughter writes profound poetry too. I guess she got the gift from me, but hers is a much higher elevation than mine.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NelliKong

1 Year Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment it means a lot.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2023
Last Updated on January 15, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..