Oh Caroline

Oh Caroline

A Poem by NelliKong

Oh care, oh how much I have grown fond of you so dear, so much that I may shed a tear. Care I have grown fond of the laughter and times we have shared. C stands for conscientious nature; you’re attentive to details and that makes you special. A is for being adventurous and always seeking new challenges. You’re never afraid to take risks and to go after what you really want. R is for your ravishing and entrancing beauty. No world renowned model has anything on you;why? Because they don’t embody your overall presence. They say eyes are the windows to the soul; your ocean blue eyes match just that with many depths awaiting to be discovered. O represents your open heart that’s filled with endless generosity. Sugar isn’t sweet enough to describe how you were so kind to everyone. Your warm and infectious smile is enough to give anyone a toothache. L stands for lively and being the life of the party. Care your energy is so full that everyone in the room can feed off it. You’re like a magnet and pull us into your world and draw us in with your electromagnetic field. Next I stands for your independence because you’re never swayed by others. From playing video games to controversial topics you hold your own. N is for being nurturing due to you bringing out the best in those you care about. Love how you want everyone in the circle to play at their fullest potential. Lastly, E is for enriching because you make others’ lives more meaningful. You embody happiness to the tee; care brings something to the table that nobody else could ever imitate or copy. No matter how hard they try to recreate your individuality nothing beats the prototype. Whether you’re on the front line helping others or saying a funny punchline, I hope this is a sign that more beautiful memories will be made with my good friend Caroline. 


© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a lovely tribute to a friend! I like that you have used each letter of their name to think about qualities you appreciate. My suggestion would be to structure it more like a typical acrostic poem, where each line, or, in this case, each small paragraph, would start with the letter. To me, this would just make it easier to read, so it's a personal preference and not something you need to do if you are happy with the current format!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NelliKong

1 Year Ago

I appreciate the constructive advice. I will keep this in mind when I do another writing piece



Reviews

What a lovely tribute to a friend! I like that you have used each letter of their name to think about qualities you appreciate. My suggestion would be to structure it more like a typical acrostic poem, where each line, or, in this case, each small paragraph, would start with the letter. To me, this would just make it easier to read, so it's a personal preference and not something you need to do if you are happy with the current format!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NelliKong

1 Year Ago

I appreciate the constructive advice. I will keep this in mind when I do another writing piece
The specialty about this is three things, the varied qualities, how detailed and personal it is, the type of the piece, the reader will feel it as a letter, and letters are special, and third the nickname "Care" and that what caught my mind first, it was chosen carefully and perfectly to suits your good friend. a lovely, sincere and wonderful piece my friend.

Posted 1 Year Ago


I liked the set-up of the poem Nelli Kong. Using each letter, to create a place or a thought. It was a wonderful poem for love and friendship.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2023
Last Updated on January 15, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


No Age No Age

A Chapter by DIVYA