When you Make it Home

When you Make it Home

A Poem by NelliKong

When you make it home… take your shoes off at the door, you don’t want to track all the mess of the world get on your hardwood floors with everything you had to endure. 


When you make it home… take off your coat and hang it up to dry, along with the umbrella you use to shield the shedded tears you cried. This was used to brace the weather but at home you can put all the pieces of this crazy jigsaw puzzle together.


When you make it home… take off your hat; the words people used against you almost penetrated your brain, I can tell because it left a stain. They use those words as a weapon for personal gains. They don’t want you to have sunny days, only constant rain. 


Last but not least, when you get home… take off your mask, it’s been tainted from the outside so put it in the trash. Now the mask is off and now I can see the scars, but not because I got hit by a car or got into a fight at the bar… but because the outside was taken it all too far.


So,  welcome home…so warm and free. It’s always the perfect temperature and exact degrees. 

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The story goes on doesn't it?

Posted 10 Months Ago


NelliKong

10 Months Ago

thank you for the comment
Wow... Home indeed...

I really enjoy your evolution... it's awesome.

Your poetry is very well structured...

Keep it up!

Awesome poem!!!

Yes... we should get home... and leave the world outside...

But sometimes... just feels like the world... keeps knocking at your door...

;)

Blessed be!!!

Posted 10 Months Ago


NelliKong

10 Months Ago

I appreciate the positive feedback
The_Ancient_Rock

10 Months Ago

You are most welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2023
Last Updated on May 29, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing