Your Last Bar Fight

Your Last Bar Fight

A Poem by NelliKong

My last bar fight… happened last night… a world premiere and in the limelight. My thoughts were sitting at the bar, but soon things went too far.

Each thought has their poison of choice; one likes tequila because it brings out the best and suppresses the worst. Another likes whiskey because it’s straight forward and honest, no secrets left, that’s when everything went left.

One said something that the other didn’t like… then that’s when the fight happened. Glasses were thrown punches thrown, word for word and going toe to toe; used to be friends but turned into foes.

When the security came to break it up, the scene was chaotic, a hybrid between psychotic and neurotic, but no prescription for antibiotics to fix this… now it’s the aftermath and all I can do is reminisce. 

So now.. all my thoughts have been kicked out the bar and now are standing on the sidewalk, no way of entry cause of the large padlock. Once out the bar my thoughts came to the realization of what happened… how to make it better… when really all that needed to happen, was for them to come together. 

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on June 4, 2023
Last Updated on June 4, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing