To Become a Mother of Me

To Become a Mother of Me

A Poem by NelliKong

In order to be a mother me, you gotta deal with all parts of me. Don’t leave out that front door when the going gets tough, or when I’m trying my hardest and my good still isn’t good enough.


There are some colors of me that some individuals never get to see, but when I show you all of the colors of my rainbow promise me you won’t pick a favorite. Sometimes I can be bright like yellow and fall into the darkest shade of blue; I want you to find acceptance and love in all my colors, even when they start to mix and bleed through.


Oh mother I want you to read the signs of my body and the thoughts of my mind; knowing that I may need a hug or encouraging words that will get me out the dirt or just let me vent when I need to blurt… out all of this negative energy because I don’t need anymore tattoos imprinted in my memory.


Mother I am your daughter, please be the one to go up to bat for her, make her stronger than she was before, help her open up doors that those said was never meant for her.


Mother… I’m calling out to you, reaching out my hand, cause to be honest I’ve been in quick sand… sinking… from overthinking… and just when I think I’m at the brink… there you are mother to me so please.. be a dear and help me in my time of need. 

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love your stories. They are nostalgic

Posted 10 Months Ago


NelliKong

10 Months Ago

Thank you for the feedback

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
1 Review
Added on June 4, 2023
Last Updated on June 4, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing