How to Properly Smell Peonies

How to Properly Smell Peonies

A Poem by NelliKong

These beautiful peonies growing in this garden, even with the weeds growing outside the margins.


Flowers bloom from the concrete, and all of her petals are blown into the streets; pink petals leave a long trail like a receipt, you can see all the transactions from her wins to her defeats.


But all sales are final, no returns or exchanges, no return of payments; don’t try to scan my barcode because what you’re looking for won’t show up in the database.


My petals in every shade of pink, plucking them off for good luck and it makes you think.. how do peonies grow in such a hostile climate? The answer is to make the soil work in their favor.Whatever nutrients they can get and water them soother roots can be implanted and anchor down like a ship at sea.


My peonies are omnipotent because I go to battle with the sun, armipotent. The beams beating down on me but I’ll go through photosynthesis and let that light shine on me.


So yes… my peonies grow because I water them, even if those try to harvest me, slaughter me, I’m still able to regenerate my roots. Flowers can grow on the concrete, they fill up the cracks. You could never chop me down with your ax.  

© 2023 NelliKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice poem.

Really enjoyed it. Some plants can grow strong.

;)

Posted 10 Months Ago


NelliKong

10 Months Ago

thank you for the feedback. glad you enjoyed the piece.
The_Ancient_Rock

10 Months Ago

You are most welcome.

Yes... it's good work.

;)
"Alice you're a weed" and she wasn't a flower. It's a good lesson.

Posted 10 Months Ago


NelliKong

10 Months Ago

Thank you for the comment

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2023
Last Updated on June 5, 2023

Author

NelliKong
NelliKong

About
Using writing as an outlet and see where it takes me. Open to comments more..

Writing