33.

33.

A Story by Desert Rose

A number that i’m seeing almost everywhere i go for the past few months & up until now, for some reasons i can’t quite understand just yet,

it also happens to be how old i am as of yesterday, June 9th, 

so, just for kicks & as a thank you for all the birthday wishes & without further ado,

here are 33 certainties in life, from my own (shocking) perspective, in the form of a list Buzzfeed article for you tl;dr..ers out there:


1- Everything happens for a Reason. 

2- Our problems as a species are neither Political, nor Economical, they're (primordially) Social.

3- Egotism, not Cancer, is humanity's worst disease. (& we’re all sick…myself included)

4- Belief/Religion (or Lack thereof) is not the Problem, Organized Belief is. we’re all Spiritual one way or another. 

5- “If you let People's perception of you, dictate your Behaviour, then you will NEVER grow as a Person” (Mr. Feeny);

In other words, People will Judge you & people will give their opinion of you whether you like it or not, all you have to tell yourself is that Opinions are like a******s & that everybody has one.

6- Humans are indeed capable of Real & Unconditional Love, given that they stop running from it &/or take it for granted. 

7- Family Love is free & abundant..& no, you don't have to be Blood to be Family.

8- We need to hear less of the word "Tolerance" & more of the word "Embrace"

9- it is only when you're exposed to (deliberately or not) & when you experience the true filth of this world & its inhabitants that you can appreciate its beauty. (& Boy Riyadh was filthy..) 

10- There’s no greater power than the Power of Pain. The one that sits in between & transcends both Good & Evil. 

11- It is OK, & completely acceptable, to cry, once in a while. 

12- Music is our 5th Element. 

13- Work is a Double-Edged sword, it can (..& will) unleash you &/or kill you.

14- Perfection? ..Boring!...the Road to Perfection however.....

15- Becoming the first to/at something suddenly seems ridiculous when you can be the best at anything you put your mind into.

16- Life becomes much easier when you start referring to a critical situation as "Party”.

17- Every great thing does not come as easy. 

18- Ismists are too focused on labelling everything to appreciate anything; Ismism being the Condition which stems from the attribution of an"-ism" to every concept.

19- Being rich is something, being classy is something else. you may be rich in person, but poor in class…humph…

20- People don’t change…they become more of what they actually are. 

21- It’s hard being both a Romantic & a Misanthrope. 

22- We spend more time talking & thinking than we do feeling. 

23- We should probably apply half of the quotes we’re sharing on Facebook in our daily lives, 

24- Fact we should all get off of Facebook & disconnect a bit more often. 

25- Opposites attract..but not for long…Complementaries attract for lifetimes ahead. 

26- I back up any oppressed against their oppressor,

Regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, ideology, creed or religion; So if you happen to be a friendly & you notice that i'm antagonizing you, don't be surprised.

27- It is important that you do not kill that child in you. 

28- You CANNOT escape Karma..YOU! CANNOT! ESCAPE! KARMA! (ask Joan Rivers.)

29- Live & Let Live....& in very very..very rare cases...Live & Let Die. 

30- i will be changing my profile pic sometime between this year & the next one..promise. (-_-)

31- Navel Piercings & Ankle bracelets turn me on. 

32- All i can do is be me, whoever that is. (Bob Dylan) 

33- I share a birthday with Johnny Depp, Natalie Portman, Les Paul & Michael J. Fox. (^^)v


thanks again everyone. 


--Neo

© 2016 Desert Rose


Author's Note

Desert Rose
enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was about to go off on some very deep 'here here I agree responses' til you dropped a line from FEENY. Now I don't think I can write anything constructive, you got my BMW 90s girl bursting with adrenaline. I'll forever be in love with Cory Matthews and will always take heed to a lesson from Mr. Feeny. Fa Fa Feen hay!

Also, #3,4,24&25. You got about 5 years on me but appears we are on the very same wavelengths here.

Happy Birthday! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

LOL, i just noticed that the number 24 itself was missing! so here's a bonus just for you
34-.. read more
Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

that's..your..'own'..growth a bit more seriousLY (that's seriously twice..)..but you get the point (.. read more



Reviews

I liked the knowledge shared. Your statements solid and true.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

Thanks Coyote!!
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome.
An interesting list, and Happy birthday :)!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you!!! :)
I was about to go off on some very deep 'here here I agree responses' til you dropped a line from FEENY. Now I don't think I can write anything constructive, you got my BMW 90s girl bursting with adrenaline. I'll forever be in love with Cory Matthews and will always take heed to a lesson from Mr. Feeny. Fa Fa Feen hay!

Also, #3,4,24&25. You got about 5 years on me but appears we are on the very same wavelengths here.

Happy Birthday! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

LOL, i just noticed that the number 24 itself was missing! so here's a bonus just for you
34-.. read more
Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

that's..your..'own'..growth a bit more seriousLY (that's seriously twice..)..but you get the point (.. read more
33 is my life number and it has been working out quite nicely for me so far (touch wood).

You raise some good points here ... my only advice would be to learn how to stay precisely in the moment and everything else will appear inconsequential.

:) X

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

Good point!
& it's very hard to achieve by the way!, all examples aside!
yet somehow,.. read more
KWP

7 Years Ago

Don't you think that consequence is only made real
When value is given to it ?
Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

it is easy to think this way, as we choose to decide just how valuable a thing we learn is to us, read more
Let that child in you live forever....I liked this list. It shows you have learned through the last 33 years. Happy Birthday. May you have many more in good health and listen to good music always. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

Thanks Lydia!! so kind of you!! :)
Happy belated birthday Neo...in Numerology the number 33 can indicate a time of focusing on humanitarian causes...a good time to follow dreams...it can signify your expression through life and matters of the heart...quite a rare number to see actually...or you could see it as 6 seeing it was close to your birthday - indicative of caring for yourself as well others...seeking harmony and so forth...either way...a shift is happening, I would say :) Blessings Neo...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

i feel..somewhat..different..
i'm losing all track of space & time.
i mean i'm conscio.. read more
Ruth

7 Years Ago

Ah, but losing such is to pause for a while...an inner journey...let the universe guide you for a wh.. read more
Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

Perhaps you are correct, i should let loose a bit :)
good read neo :) belated birthday wishes... mine is coming soon...
you should check out the meaning of the number then if universe wants to say something.....

this made me smile
Live & Let Live....& in very very..very rare cases...Live & Let Die

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

Thanks Ria!! & Happy Birthday in advance!!! :)
i'm happy you liked it! & i'm reading all abo.. read more
Ardra

7 Years Ago

:) i have been into numerology sometime back... now thinking of starting tarot :P..
ya hope y.. read more
Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

Thanks again for your kind words Ria!
& i wish you all the same in return! :)
What a great list, I really enjoyed reading this! and Happy Birthday!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your wishes Hailey!!! :)
It surprised how true all of these are. I noticed after reading every line I was unconsciously nodding my head. I appreciated your sharing this. You should look up the meaning of numbers online. If you're seeing the same one over and over, the universe is trying to tell you something.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading! truly appreciated! :)
at this stage i guess i will (^^) & probably ge.. read more
Neo!
This almost made me cry. Almost.
No. 9, 10 and 21 hit me hard.
"It's hard being both a Romantic & a Misanthrope".. I'll probably quote this in my wedding vows or something.
I literally rolled up my sleeves and tied up my hair so I could have a clear go at reading this.

Happy Birthday my 10 years plus a day friend. Heres to the life that was forced upon us, lets see what we can make of it, eh.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Desert Rose

7 Years Ago

hear hear!! & again a Happy Birthday to you too!! :)
Feel free to quote!
this STD ca.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1121 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2016
Last Updated on June 27, 2016
Tags: Age, Life, 33, Thirty Three, Lessons, Birthday, Love, Short, Perspective, Subjective, Points, Morals, Work, Spiritual, Music, Religion, Emotion, Mystic, Happy, Sad, Family, Friends, Learning

Author

Desert Rose
Desert Rose

Jounieh, Lebanon



About
more..

Writing
Icarus. Icarus.

A Poem by Desert Rose


Primal. Primal.

A Poem by Desert Rose



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chosen Chosen

A Poem by sinNsincerity