Symptoms of my "Disease" according to the NHS (in the age of reason)

Symptoms of my "Disease" according to the NHS (in the age of reason)

A Chapter by J.M.B

+ the usage of the word “whole” in an acceptable non-Laingian context. i said “the whole concept of schizophrenia has been rendered meaningless by its constant misapplication” (which was actually a textbook psychiatric quote!)  (psych/cpn)

 

+ the usage of the words “i am” spoken in a non-religious context, “but i am a psychologist”, “but i am going to write a book about you, and spread it all around town in the second-hand bookstores” (psych/cpn)

 

+ that a step aunts name was “Joan” (psych)

 

+ saying, “hang on a sec here, i’m actually all-right!” (psych/cpn)

 

+ that i was brought up in a house called Smithy (my stepfather’s house) (psych)

 

+ mentioning having heard the cpn’s voice coming from the other side of the door, when said in clear and specific reference to the time she knocked on my door and woke me up with the support worker standing by her side (cpn)

 

+ when i asked “why did you glower at me with hatred and intensity when you walked through the waiting room doors?” (cpn)

 

+ that i was said to be religious (psych/cpn)

 

+ that i said that i was atheist (soc-work)   

 

+ that i was said to be leftwing (psych/sup-work)

 

+ that i was said to be rightwing (soc-work)

 

+ that i was said to be racist (soc-work)

 

+ that i was thought to be Jew (sup-work)

 

+ that i was said to be homophobic (soc-work)

 

+ that i mentioned always having had long hair (psych)

 

+ that i have a tattoo (psych)

 

+ that i read books (cpn/soc-work)

 

+ that i write poetry (psych/cpn)

 

+ that i said “god”, in the context of, “oh my god, you’re so dumb Pauline!” (psych/cpn)

 

+ that i was said to be anti-Buddhist (cpn)

 

+ that i was said to be pro-Buddhist (sup-work)

 

+ because i’m vegetarian (psych/cpn)

 

+ mentioning the names of famous authors that came to mind, intellectuals, philosophers, scientists, novelists, artists, musicians, etcetera  (psych/cpn)

 

+ using any word that wasn’t in the cpn’s vocabulary range, such as “itinerant” was one of many (cpn)

 

+ that i used the word “countenance” (psych)

 

+ that i was said to have been a criminal, and according to the social worker, i’d spent time in jail (psych/cpn/soc-work/sup-work)  

 

+ that my grandparents had been burgled several years earlier (psych/cpn)

 

+ that i’d been burgled several years earlier (psych/cpn)

 

+ that Bob Brown painted a collage portrait of me for the new millennium which was  displayed on the wall of the Monkey bar, Wakefield (psych/cpn)

 

+ that i said an Irish man had punched me once (cpn)

 

+ that i said i’d talked to an Irish man in town last week (cpn)

 

+ that i accept evolutionary descent from Africa and the mitochondrial Eve theory (cpn/soc-work/sup-work)

 

+  that i accept the computer model of the brain (cpn/soc-work/sup-work)

 

+ that i used the words “reptilian brain” (cpn/soc-work/sup-work)

 

+ that i have the delusion that bioelectricity runs through the dendrites of the cerebrum (cpn/soc-work/sup-work)

 

+ that i said we “evolved out of the oceans” (cpn)

 

+ that i used the word “neurotransmitter” spoken mid-sentence (cpn)

 

+ that i’d mentioned having been 15 minutes late for work (sup-work)

 

+ that i’d used my manager’s name in a non-religious context “Theo” (psych/cpn) 

 

 


Conclusion:

1/. schizophrenia as neuro-semantic-word-drug. a technological device, employed irrelevantly, by others, to boost-up personal-individual-self-empowerment, and enhance low levels of self-esteem

 

2/. a serious psychiatric disorder that exists in the semantic-delusions of psychiatrists and their co-workers 

 

3/. cognitive dissonance projected

 

4/. schizophrenic patient as; the self-generated synchronicity of psychiatrists

 

5/. a simplified and programmed techno-linguistic-reality-gloss employed to explain away complexity with irrelevant and pessimistic superstition 

 

6/. language used to create and control slaves

 

7/. monkeys throwing their s**t (shitzophrenia)

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 J.M.B


Author's Note

J.M.B
1 abbreviations: Psych = Psychiatrist CPN = Community Psychiatric Nurse Soc-work = Social Worker Sup-work – Support Worker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

me too

delusional and schizo-affective apparently

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. sheer genius !!!! ...
. this post brilliantly exposes the society we live in ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 9, 2012
Last Updated on March 23, 2012
Tags: Pauline O'Riley, Emma Johnson, Psychiatric Nurse, South London, Maudsley, NHS, 380 Streatham High Road, thought crime, Bob Brown Wakefield Artist


Author

J.M.B
J.M.B

About
Act like a dumbshit, they'll treat you like an equal more..

Writing
Quanta Quanta

A Poem by J.M.B


eggplant eggplant

A Poem by J.M.B



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


utopia utopia

A Poem by blueseeker


COINS COINS

A Poem by Rene Velez


nameless nameless

A Poem by kmartell