Is intelligence out there?

Is intelligence out there?

A Story by neurostar burns

Often the query is for arguing whether there is intelligent life outside of our planet.
Scientists have been working on that for decades with mixed results.
Among some of the present stumbling blocks is what we like to depend upon-numbers.
There is plenty of physical space volume and  bountiful numbers of objects out there that have been determined by us.
Plentiful in volume and count in the known universe, but the count is nada so far for firmly detecting outside intelligent life. The vast count of numbers clearly, like static bookkeeping, is indicative of a result and perhaps not the most productive ways to go about to finding actual life. Just producing and posting numbers doesn't guarantee a corresponding result.
Some of the scientists try to see why this seems to be. Dirk Schulze-Makuch of Washington State University and William Bains of MIT bio-chemistry make a long range accounting.
Taking chancy environmental factors into account to provide life factors and considering the development of chromosones in the proper sequences that are viable and organization of organs that coordinate with others successfully in a multipurpose organism, Eumetazoan. The odds of intelligent life arising is negligible if not zero, not even in the odds realm of lotteries.
By no one design but that there are coordinations of variegated functions that exist with other beings over a great period of time with certain sensitive developments, we are here for the duration of our limited existence, not perpetual. It does not make us the most advanced of possible beings, we are just as ephemeral as other species likewise are. There seems to be no other "naturally" produced replication of sentiency on a large macro level detected to communicate with at this time despite this voluminous universe. Don't forget, humans are comprised of 37 trillion particles. That is a lot of coordination of particles to make a functioning 'human' or homo sapien! By the way, not all potential progeny make to birth either, and this too is but playing with numbers. And why all this-just for our musing? Our errant, highly developed??, imagination may not always lead us true.
And yes, I watch other dumb? animals walking along suddenly look up only to the clear sky with no other object to look at in the clear sky. Haven't fully discerned why, yet, although I am aware of many postulations. Most ethnocentric and homocentric people don't want to additionally bother with that either.
Note: the material herein is not necessarily a reflection of entropy of current societies.

© 2019 neurostar burns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

• The odds of intelligent life arising is negligible if not zero, not even in the odds realm of lotteries

And yet here you are, defying those odds. And you believe that it happened nowhere else?

Hubble reveals an estimated 100 billion galaxies in the universe, but this number is likely to increase to about 200 billion as telescope technology in space improves. And the average number of stars in a galaxy is around 100 billion. So that's 10 Sextillion stars NOW (22 zeros after the one), any one of which might develop life. And you make the pronouncement that it's not even a possibility based on the fact that we've not detected any in the thirty years or so we've been looking for it in the local neighborhood?

You need to go back and look at your data more closely.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Added on October 19, 2019
Last Updated on December 3, 2019

Author

neurostar burns
neurostar burns

Phoenix



About
Avid hot tea drinker, likes seafood and asian eateries and home cooked food including east asian, trail hikes, lecturing, being single, cosmology, sky watching, open natural vistas. more..

Writing