Universe is not flat

Universe is not flat

A Story by neurostar burns

Attempts to describe the universe's radius over many years continues to oscillate. Modern science, using mathematics, tend to hone it down to three resolutions: closed, flat, or open. Some early cosmologists understood some computations to imply the universe's morphology is of a sphere. Some mathematicians thought that for a sphere the curvature would lead to an open cosmos and expanding. For a long time some scientists have held the overall configurations point to a flat universe according to workable geometric shapes based on modern data. Modern data base their morphology on the CMB and inflation theory. There remains the problem of measuring the Ho, Hubble Constant, with exactitude.
Now, at least three scientists, researching data from the Planck Observatory, put forth the concept that they found the universe is not planar flat but rather cylindrical and produced a paper for it. A cylindrical implies a closed, non-expanding universe where what one can see in front of their face will eventually be seen again after the image is circled around. One might view the back of their head. It also infers that the morphology overall would be finite.
Their published paper of Nov. 4, 2019 in "Nature Astronomy" is titled "Planck Evidence for a closed Universe and a possible crisis for cosmology" by Eleonora Di Valentino, Alessandro Melchiorri and Joesph SIlk.
Modern scientists mostly base the morphology on being either flat or marginally open. They also assume configuration based on 90 degree angles. This view can be negotiable also in geometric models.
It is presently said that Dark Energy causes misappropiate readings with the standard models accepted today. It may cause pause at the high energy levels reading accuracy. There is contention on the measure of light coming from the CMB which may be different from assumptions on cold lambda models.
The trio point to Planck data which indicates there is no gravitational lensing, which reflects on stretching of light from the shape of space-time, which in turn could be a clue of a closed universe.  This so far, seems to be the only major indicator for a closed universe for now. More build up of supporting data would be expected to bolster this potential conceptual change.

© 2019 neurostar burns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on November 7, 2019
Last Updated on November 21, 2019

Author

neurostar burns
neurostar burns

Phoenix



About
Avid hot tea drinker, likes seafood and asian eateries and home cooked food including east asian, trail hikes, lecturing, being single, cosmology, sky watching, open natural vistas. more..

Writing