Is spiritual singing an essence?

Is spiritual singing an essence?

A Story by neurostar burns

In the current times with the Corona virus endangerment and related constraints, questions arise in relation to distancing and personal expression for activities, such as choir. So the question arises, is human expression essential toward ultimate understanding? Or can understanding be appreciated in absence of expression, like choir singing, etc.?

 This may ask for resolve in science and literature. In short, some western literature and philosophy lean toward the wisdom of nonexpression, e.g. Ludwig Wittgenstein, Arthur Schopenhauer. Some of those seem to say that expression is limited in several ways and might not amount toward any paramount revelation. So silence remains the most accurate expression.

In Ludvig Wittgenstein's works like "Philosophical Investigations" and "Tractatus", it can be found: 'who is "bewitched by language' into perceiving things to be absolutely true, "really real" before him., and the Wittgenstein (and Madhyamika) nonegocentrist critical analysis intend to force one to look deeper into things and processes by examining his account of them to actually try to find the essence to correspond to the name,,..is the first step on the road to liberation of his intelligence from the spell of language.'
'One objects: 'So you are saying that human agreement decides what is true and what is false?'...
'one must ask oneself: is the word ever actually used in this way in the language-game which is the original home.'
Finally, in "Tractatus", Wittgenstein concludes, "Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent."

Although Wittgenstein and the Madhyamaka school are addressing two different issues, it seems coincidental that their treatments read almost identical despite the many centuries between their in depth statements.

In the eastern ways, some have provided over 2,000 years ago, scientific analysis to conclude the true expression is silence, e.g. Buddhism whereupon the science proved in the treatises of Nagarjuna that all is indeed quiescent throughout. And this is held as the appropriate expression. "Everything that originates relatively is by nature quiet.
Therefore, that which is being originated and origination itself are quiet."

Commented  on the Madhyamaka school, "If concepts cannot give us a glimpse of realities, how can we expect language to describe it?"

Ramchandra Pandey illustrates, "To think that the existence of a concept means the existence of a thing is a notion which is utterly false; to think that a concept exists because there are other concepts is a truth. The former has its repercussions in the form of bondage; the latter has no repercussions in the sense that bondage, being a relative concept, has a contentless existence."

Addressing spiritual expressional endeavors, Ramchandra Pandey comments on bhakti devotional worship, and could apply also to whirling dervishes, Sufi music and poetry, etc. that these may lead one to regard such endeavors, although mutually stimulating, are just that-sensual stimulation. They don't totally supercede the influence levels of temporal experience. These activities may be regarded as "tools" upon which one produces a perceived artificial  experience in some contrast to daily routine.

He writes, "Karma and bhakti are very often regarded as mere tools to achieve..a means but never as an end."

If there is an ultimate, supramundane, then the fervent activities should obtain a uniformally, verifiable, democratic effect for all that pursue.

"Perhaps this is why the ancient Eastern philosophers valued nonlinguistic consciousness to a degree that is difficult for the modern Westerners to appreciate." "This echoes the wisdom of the ancient Eastern Philosophers, who said that the real world couldn't be put into words and anything put into words was not the real world." writes Chris Niebauer, author of "No Self No Problem How Neuropsychology Is Catching Up to Buddhism" Hierophant Publishing, 2019, pp. 79, 76.
Recondite

So, it would appear that through avenue of investigation, singing and other forms are just the role of expression. Quiessence is a most natural, comprehensive widespread option.

Note: the material herein is not necessarily a reflection of current societies.

© 2021 neurostar burns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on June 30, 2020
Last Updated on December 27, 2021

Author

neurostar burns
neurostar burns

Phoenix



About
Avid hot tea drinker, likes seafood and asian eateries and home cooked food including east asian, trail hikes, lecturing, being single, cosmology, sky watching, open natural vistas. more..

Writing