Dear "You"

Dear "You"

A Story by Clever Forever
"

this isn't necessarily fiction.

"

I’d tell you I love you for the sake of a gesture, but then again, what do I know about love? And what do I know about you? Or myself, for that matter. I’m just a child. I’m a child in more ways than I know, and though you are too, it’s me who’s flawed. I let myself believe in loving you because it’s so easy to do. I let myself crumble when you hold me in your arms. I let myself put a wall between us - not that you noticed. And why would you? Who am I to you but a friend, if that. What you don’t understand is that through my naivete I have been able to love you. To care for you an unhealthy amount, and to believe that it’s true. Maybe I’ve done this because I wish it were true. I wish I had someone to long for - someone like you.

You’re really different. At least to me.

I think you remind me of myself in a lot of ways. I’m guessing you’ve never put much thought into that. I’m guessing you don’t recall most conversations we’ve had. It’s fine if you don’t, just know that I do - and I’ve been overthinking you since I’ve known you.

Maybe something’s wrong with me. I think about that a lot. Maybe I’m not all there, maybe I’m too there. I don’t know. I don’t know so many things. Lately my own thoughts have become some of these things. The things I don’t know, I mean.

I was led to this thought because in truth, I don’t know how I feel about you. I wouldn’t say I never did but I can’t say that I do. I might’ve made you up so that you’d stand out just for me. Something to think about when I’m alone that isn’t me. Or maybe it’s the fact that I have such a hard time letting go. I might be holding on to juvenile feelings that I did know.

Either way I’ve stretched you into an idea. An idea that I like a lot, sometimes maybe even love. But you’re still you, a person, who I really don’t know much about. I want to and I hope to, but it’s probably better I let it go - since it’s about as real as


...something fake.

© 2015 Clever Forever


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on October 28, 2015
Last Updated on October 28, 2015
Tags: love, romance

Author

Clever Forever
Clever Forever

About
Emily - 15 when I last used this site, 18 now What happened between then and now, I don't know :) more..