dark

dark

A Story by The Chocoholic
"

nobody "gets" it

"

The air is cold, the darkness only making it more so. I feel oddly detatched as I lay there, next to the open window, peering out and down into the unwelcoming streets below.

 

   A man walks, hunched under his load of sorrows, hardships, and bittersweet memories. His creased features are illuminated by a streetlight flickering, wavering, then completely going out, only to unsteadily flicker on again. A figure, a mere boy by the looks of it, sits on the chilled, cement steps of a public library, staring down at an unknown something clutched in his hand. What could he possibly be thinking?

 

   In an alley behind the forementioned library, a homeless body sleeps. Trapped inside it is a bright and burning soul, wanting to be freed and forgiven. The curtains whisper quietly as a gentle wind stirs the otherwise still room. How many others would feel the same breeze? How many woukd have the chance of coming into a story, where they could all live and shine?

 

   I see stars of inspiration scattered across the clear, black sky, as if they were precious jewels carelessly tossed aside. I am drawn to them. Millions slept unnoticed in these strange lands of imagination until my awareness awakens them, and my fingers fly.  

 

 

© 2010 The Chocoholic


Author's Note

The Chocoholic
I think I amputated most of my run-ons...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
Added on June 10, 2010
Last Updated on June 10, 2010

Author

The Chocoholic
The Chocoholic

A planet my tribe of Algooks call Glutnukchoo. More commonly referred to as Berkeley. , CA



About
As a little preteen of little or no work getting read and critisized by the public, I simply like writing. And chocolate. And coffee frappacinos. more..

Writing
?? ??

A Story by The Chocoholic