Piranha 3DD BITES Piranha at the Box Office

Piranha 3DD BITES Piranha at the Box Office

A Story by ngrego553

Piranha 3DD aka Piranha DD is a 2012 horror-comedy thriller, serving as the sequel to the flopped 2010 remake of Piranha, the 1970s film of the same name. It stars Danielle Panabaker, Christopher Lloyd, and David Hasselhoff as himself. Unlike the remake, the film (set a year after its events including the spring break massacre that a horde of prehistoric piranhas have caused) focuses on newcomers, one of which Kyle who along with Maddie (Panabaker) tries alongside others to stop a piranha bloodbath at their local water park. But Kyle, regardless of the urgency alongside her disbelieving uncle in charge of the park values secrecy over safety. So, he and her uncle stop Maddie from evacuating the park due to the piranha threat. It does not last when the fearsome centuries-old fiendish fish begin a new killer feeding at the water park. Still, once again, they are defeated, for now. 

Maddie as the main protagonist of the film stands up to her uncle for the damage he has foolishly caused along with Kyle between firing lifeguards and replacing them with stripper lifeguard women and neglecting to shut down and evac the park in regards to the imminent piranha attack. It is what leads to each of their downfalls; Kyle is stabbed in the face by a trident while Maddie’s uncle whats his name is head-bitten-off by the piranhas. To make matters worse, at the end of the film, Maddie is informed by Christoper Lloyd’s character from the previous movie that the piranhas have begun to evolve by adapting to land. One of the piranhas instantly bites off the head of a young boy (David, who has the same first name as Hasselhoff, ironically), played by Mathew Lintz, former Under the Dome star Mackenzie Lintz’s brother. The main antagonists are not only the piranhas but also, Maddie’s stubborn and business-corrupt uncle. 

Kyle is more of an antihero on the other hand. While the piranhas are what cause the massacre at the water park as they have in a lake in another state during spring break the year before, her uncle wants nothing more than to keep the park and its patrons safe and in the dark rather than evac them from the premises despite the piranha threat. He does not even believe in the existence of such monsters, to begin with. At least until he sees the bloodthirsty carnage he has blindly wrought and tries to flee only to be killed by one of the fishy friends. The piranhas access the water park via its plumbing and pipe systems created by Maddie’s uncle to filter more chlorinated water at the cost of letting the killer fish in for a bite or more. 

While the first movie has not been rated excellent, its sequel has been given mixed reviews, both good and bad. Despite this, however, Piranha 3DD is considered even today the best summer movie of 2012. The film thus includes perfected acting and characters, a clear driven narrative, and more carnage and adult-rated content (IE: more nudity and sexuality than in the previous film). While David Hasselhoff is an actor, not a real-life lifeguard, he dives into the wave pool to save David from the murderous swimming horde of monstrous piranhas in one of the most memorable scenes in the film. As the movie has plenty of women, nude or not, it has made its limited debut in theaters and mainly, it has also made its way to VOD that year. 

Overall, Piranha 3DD has made its BITE-MARK on cinemas and VOD and today, Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray 4K, and streaming services. Although it has not gotten a sequel titled Piranha 3DDD that would have reprised Hasselhoff, Panabaker, and Lloyd, as well as newcomers such as possibly The Rock and/or Gabriel Bateman, Piranha 3DD has definitely SANK ITS TEETH INTO modern-day media, regardless of its partially negative feedback. So, WATER YOU WAITING FOR? Watch Piranha 3DD on any media platform such as SyFy and/or VOD.  

© 2021 ngrego553


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on July 5, 2021
Last Updated on July 5, 2021
Tags: Piranha 3DD, Film, Horror

Author

ngrego553
ngrego553

Dartmouth, MA



About
I have autism. I graduated from BCC Fall River last year with an associates degree in communications. I currently major in communications at bridgewater state U for my bachelors. more..

Writing
Exeter UFO Exeter UFO

A Story by ngrego553