Holly Glass

Holly Glass

A Story by Nia Hope

 September 1st, 1987:

Dearest diary . . . .

My court trials finished today and I was found guilty of murder but considering how young I am and why the murder happened, they are taking me to Brook Villa Juvenile Detention Center for the Criminally Insane which is okay with me. I'll be able to someday tell the world of what I did. I could be a hero. Because I killed her, I killed a bully in fact I had killed the bully that had tormented all of Oakwood Junior High. I Holly Estelle Glass killed Jennifer Lee! The way her blood felt as it coated my victorious hands. The way her "gorgeous-black-hair" was matted up and frizzy after I finished beating the daylights out of her. The way she screamed was even better than getting that record I wanted for Christmas last year! I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride for what I did. She had it coming and everyone knew it but it was I who finally did it. It isn't fair that I only hurt one person to save a bunch of others but I still got in trouble for it. If this is the mind set they have then I'm a soldier in this war against bullies so I shouldn't get in trouble. I'll be able to tell my story to people and at least they will respect me for what I did even if these dumb cops don't understand the true magnitude of my actions. Thanks to me bullies will be scared to show their faces because once one person stands up to them more will and then it will become a revolution and I started it. I know it will probably take time for my story to spread and it's sad to think of how many more people will be driven to suicide because of bullying like I almost was. It’s not right the way people treat each other it makes me really upset and I sorta didn't want to kill her but once I did I felt amazing and I knew I had done the right thing. 


As you all can see Ms. Glass had been literally driven insane by Ms. Lee and chose to retaliate thought she may have felt better emotionally she was still empty. Her motive was obviously for the good of everyone however her means of getting there cost her, as if her heart only loved but her mind was only twisted. Could this have caused her appearance to change so rapidly within the course of the year? 


This was the last entry she wrote before being taken to Brook Villa but this is really just the beginning of her story. What had caused her to finally snap? Why had she killed Ms. Lee armed with only her hands (or so police reports say)? How come no one had noticed the blue storm raging in her eyes over the previous year before the murder? We will continue this next class and your homework is to create a few hypotheses that would satisfy these questions. 

© 2014 Nia Hope


Author's Note

Nia Hope
Written for a contest, (http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/The-Glass-Diaries/50208/) definitely not my best but I'm crunched for time hope you enjoy :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really just enjoyed it. so creepeeed up while reading. It is a successful one.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nia Hope

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 6, 2014
Last Updated on August 6, 2014

Author

Nia Hope
Nia Hope

NV



About
Writing is magic and I am a magician in training with some small tricks but many more to learn. more..

Writing
Wolf Cry Wolf Cry

A Poem by Nia Hope