Maybe Nobody Knows

Maybe Nobody Knows

A Story by Nica
"

Missing out sucks, doesn't it?

"

  January 14, 2012


Missing out the most exciting part of life. Wait, I don’t even know what the most exciting part of life is. Do you? I do think we all don’t. Why? It’s because we can’t experience everything that a breathing - or not - human person can do. Knowing those once in a lifetime moments that you were, are, and will never going to be a part of sucks, doesn’t it? Well, it does - now. But possibly later, it won’t.


We will always miss something big or small that we will regret not going to, or not being a part of, the other day. And in one point, you will feel really miserable you could cry - sometimes because of jealousy over the people who had - for not experiencing those once in a lifetime moments because you know that they won’t repeat themselves for you. And then, latter in your life, you won’t even remember what those missing moments you had are. Like not choosing to attend a sensational party wherein you were invited because you rather stay at home and go under the usual routines you do or simply because you are not a social type of person and you couldn’t handle having strangers - or just people you couldn’t stand being with - around, or even just something like choosing the chocolate flavored ice cream over the vanilla one because the first time you tried ice cream out, you chose chocolate since it’s more popular to people, and you thought it was great, and you didn’t bother tasting other flavors because you’re already satisfied with the good old chocolate, and then one day, your hard-to-reach, dream boy magically talks to you for the first time but guess what he was talking about - it’s about how heavenly vanilla ice cream tastes like but then, you haven’t tried it out your whole life, and for not knowing the proper response, you will screw it all up. Big, small - they all come and they all go. But it all comes down to you if you should sulk over it or get over it.


We go, and not go under certain circumstances to replenish our wants and what we don’t want. I guess life is plainly like that. You can’t experience everything. You will always miss something. But hey, you aren’t the one missing out in here, we all do. And that is why no one will ever know what the most exciting part of life is. Maybe not even those who have fallen in love.

© 2012 Nica


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That last sentence was unexpected and a perfect ending. What you state here is true, sadly. I guess the only thing we could do is cherish each decision we make, and to not regret what decision we made when we made it.
Very nice, thought-intriguing write. Keep up the deep contemplation!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 14, 2012
Last Updated on March 13, 2012
Tags: life, fallen in love, missing out

Author

Nica
Nica

Philippines



About
I like reading. I like being stuck in a room full of books. I like scanning random pages and occasionally smelling them. The scent of a book is almost like a drug. And then, I’ve developed fondn.. more..

Writing
Sinking Music Sinking Music

A Poem by Nica