1

1

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

[Consciousness] is either inexplicable illusion, or else revelations. - - C. S. Lewis


A charcoal, grey Mercedes-Benz E-Class. There is a man and a woman, both married, with a boy in the back playing on his new PSP. His wife holds his hand and he kisses hers. They are driving on a road, in the mountains, going to a family reunion in the Northwest of the United States. The man, who's driving, adjusts his rear-view mirror to see his son. He asked, "How's that game going, Taylor?" Still looking at the game, he responds, "Yeah it's great, Dad. Thank you for getting it for me." "Your welcome." He adjusts the mirror back and looks at his wife then back to the road. "How's the drive, honey." She looks over to him, "It's great. How far till your father's house?" "Oh, not that far. About maybe twenty-to-twenty five minutes." He looks back to the road and sees a girl in a gown in the middle of it. He swerves and hits the rail-guard. The car flies in the air, gliding and gradually falling down. It emerges into a small lake, that was beside the mountain.

The car is drowning, the headlights fade. The husband breaks the window and takes his wife and son. A few minutes later, the husband rises above the water with his family and gets to the shoreline. A car comes by and sees the damage, a older man comes out and walks down to the husband, wife and child. He calls the ambulance to come out and help.






© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on July 30, 2013
Last Updated on July 30, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon