2

2

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

"John! John wake up!" John's wife is pushing on his shoulders gently to wake him. He slowly opens his eyes and says softly, "Emily, is that you?" She nods and smiles at him. "Where...where is Taylor? Is he okay, Emily?" "He is fine, he's better now since he has gotten care for two days." John is shocked and sits up, "I've been in here for two days?" A doctor comes in the room, looking at some sheets of paper over John's report. John looks at him and asks, "Is everything alright Doc?" The doctor looks at him and smiles, "You're awake now, that's a good sign." "Was there anything wrong with my wi..." he looks over to his right, where she was standing and she is gone. "I'm sorry, your what John?" He is in shock but answers the doctor, "My," he looks at the doctor, "My wife and son, was there anything wrong with them?"

The doctor looks at John for a moment then takes off his glasses. "You don't have a wife nor a child, John. You were the only one we picked up from the accident." John gets a little offensive and little shocked from the news he just received, "No, I have a wife and child! They were in the car wreck with me!" He looks over to the chair and sees Taylor playing his PSP. John smiles looking over at the chair, the doctor looks at John then looks at the chair. "John, what are you looking at?" "My son, he is in the chair playing on his new PSP I got him." "John?" He looks over at the doctor. "Yes, doctor?" "The chair is empty, John. The only people in this room is you and me, no one else." He looks over to the chair, and Taylor is gone.

The doctor leaves the room and closes the door behind him. A woman walks up to the doctor. " Are you Dr. Muller?" The doctor looks towards her, "Yes, how may I help you?" "I'm Detective Zelc, I'm here for John Switz. I need to ask him a couple of questions, if that is alright Dr. Muller?" The doctor looks at his watch then says, "Yeah you can, that can give me time to get him a MRI." Dr. Muller walks away and she steps into the room.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on July 30, 2013
Last Updated on July 30, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon