3

3

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

Detective Zelc shuts the door behind her and walks towards John. "Mr. Switz?" John looks over to her, "Yes, who are you?" She throws her hand out to shake his. He grabs it and she says, "Hi, I'm Detective Zelc, but you can call me McKenzie, which is my first name or you can call me Detective Zelc. How ever you prefer?" "Well they are both really unique names." She laughs a little when she pulls up a chair and gives out a "Thank you" twice. "I think I'll call you McKenzie." "Okay, now I have a couple of questions to ask for you about your accident." He is patient and answers honestly. "So you drove off the road, hit the rail guard, and crashed into the small lake?" "No, I didn't just drive off the road, I swerved." "Why did you swerve?" "You wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I saw a girl, wearing a gown, in the middle of the road." "A girl?" "Yes, it was a girl." "Were you drinking, Mr. Switz?" "No," he shouts. "I mean, 'No,' I don't drink alcohol nor do I smoke." "Well, that's a good choice that you don't." He looks away from her and he looks in front of himself. He sees a woman in front of him, a person he hasn't met or seen before in his life. She is an African American, her height is ranged 5'5 to 5'6, has medium length curly bright brown hair, and wearing dark pants and a white shirt and brown, leather jacket over it. She says to him, "You need to listen to her John. She knows what your going through and what your dealing with." He looks to McKenzie then to the other woman's direction but she is gone. The doctor barges in the room and interrupts them, "Are you done Detective Zelc?" "Yes, but I would like to join you to the MRI testing."

John is sitting on the table that is poking out from the machine. Dr. Muller is in front of John to explain to him, " We are just going to get some pictures of you. Your going to lay down on this table when its time and your going to enter what looks like the middle of a white doughnut or tunnel. Now Detective Zelc and I will be in that room over there." He turns a little and points to the room, where a few other doctors are inside, then returns to talk to John again, "I'm able to speak to you from there and hear you speak to me. This is simple and will only take a few minutes, okay." John nods at the doctor. Both Dr. Muller and McKenzie walk into the other room. Dr. Muller pushes a button on the microphone in the room and says, "Okay John, lay down on the table and be still. You can't move when we start." John follows the doctor's orders and they start the process. Dr. Muller sits in front of the computer and asks McKenzie a question, "How long have you been on the force?" "I've been on the force for ten years." "So, you know what your doing?" They both have a small laugh and she says, "Yes, I know what I am doing." "What are you looking for exactly Dr. Muller," McKenzie asks? "We are looking to see Pragmatics, Anosognosia, or Dementia?" "You think he has one of these?" "He could have one or two of the diagnoses." The test is done and he looks at some of the pictures of his brain and says, "No. No, he doesn't have any of the diagnoses." "So what does he have?" "I don't know, I guess nothing."


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on July 30, 2013
Last Updated on July 30, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon