4

4

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

Dr. Muller signs a "Return Home" sheet for John. He comes out dressed back into his street clothes. Detective Zelc is beside him. "Do you need a ride home, John?" He looks at her, "If you could, I would be thankful for it." "Oh, it's no problem John." They walk outside and John squints his eyes from the bright light of the sun. "My car is over there," she points at the dark, goldish Crown Victoria. Both get in and sit down, she starts the car. "Well, okay. Where do you live John?" "I live in Lancaster. The city limits of Lancaster. 484 North St." "Okay," she puts the car in gear and they get on the road.

About ten miles in, driving on interstate 270, McKenzie asks, "So, back at the hospital, you said you saw a girl on the road and that's why you swerved, is that right?" "Yes, it is correct." She glances over at him than back at the road, "Do you seen anyone else, John?" He stays quiet for a long moment then says, "Yes, yes I do see more people." "Who do you see, John?" "I saw...I see my wife and son." "You were married..." He interrupts her, "I am married, she's still alive...they are still alive!"

They arrive at his home and he steps out of the car. "Wait," McKenzie stops him. She grabs a paper and pen and writes. She gives it to him, "It's my number. Call me if you need help with anything." "Okay, and thank you for taking me here," he looks around the place, "for taking me back to my place." "Your welcome." He walks up to his house and steps inside. She puts the car back in gear and drives her way back to Columbus.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on July 30, 2013
Last Updated on July 30, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon