6

6

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

The last number on the digital clock just changed. It showed, "6:30AM." A cell phone on a Redwood Mahogany end table, clamorously rings. By the third ring, a light is turned on and a woman staggers herself up from the bed to answer. Her feet gently, lay slowly on the floor. Both of her hands are in her face and she is shaking her head. She grabs the phone, one hand pushing the green button on the touch-screen and the other on her face. She collapses on her bed, forcely throwing words out into the phone as she begins to wake up, "Hello." A man on the other line, stutters his words out and sounds scared, "De..Detective McKenzie?" McKenzie rubs her eye with her left hand, "Yes, this is her. May I ask who is calling?" Still stutters, "It...Its me...John." She flies up in the air like she is ready to go, "John are you okay? Is everything okay, John?" "Help me please." She zooms out of the closet, dressed in; Christopher Blue Gianna Black Trousers, Journee Red 3/4 Sleeve Blouse. She hops to put on her right Crocs Black Grace Heel Shoe. McKenzie quickly goes downstairs, grabs her keys and exits her home.

John is waiting at his steps in front of his home, McKenzie instantaneously stomped on her brakes as she was close to John's home. The brakes of the car scream as the car comes to a stop. She jumps out of the vehicle with haste and runs to John. She yells out to him as she progresses to reach to him, "John...John are you okay?!" McKenzie reaches to him and kneels beside him.

He is hurt, on his right side of his face, there is a large cut on his eyebrow. The sun is barely up to shine upon the neighborhood, so McKenzie grabs her flashlight and shines it on John's cut. "What happened John? What happened to your face?" He doesn't answer her, he just shakes from fear or either pain. Something blows out from the left window of the home, McKenzie stands up and walks over to it. She shines her flashlight at it, it's the curtain that covers the window which is almost completely smashed through. Her mouth is slightly open and she turns to John, who is mildly shaking beside her.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon