10

10

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

Late in the afternoon, a Crown Victoria drives up to a house. The door opens and McKenzie steps out, she looks at the house. It's John's home and she closes the car door and walks up to the home. She puts on plastic gloves and starts to search for the key, she press against the right pillar a few times before it unlatches itself. McKenzie grabs the key and she opens the door. She walks into the Family room, the same room John threw himself out of. She shines her flashlight around the room and sees the pictures. She takes some of them down and opens the back of them; one of them says, "Papa and Mama Switz. McKenzie picks up one that has a young woman in it, she opens it and reads, "Emily...Emily is my sweet red rose. She sparkles in the luminous light like a star in the brightest night. My first and only love, Emily." She closes back the ones she opens and put them into there spots. McKenzie shines the light around some more and sees the book, she walks over to it and picks it up, 'Fear of Flying' by Erica Jong, was the title. There was a bookmark left inside and it was underlined, "Do you want me to tell you something subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more." McKenzie closes the book and sets it back down on the chair and leaves the house.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon