15

15

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

2003

A silver Crown Victoria racing around the corner, it's a police vehicle, sirens are blaring along with three more police cruisers behind it. Detective McKenzie Zelc and Detective Samantha Connors are in the first cruiser, the silver Crown Victoria. McKenzie and Samantha break their journey by reaching there destination. Both come out having their pistols in hand and wearing Kevlar Vest, going to the front door with a cautious run. They get to the front door, McKenzie on the right side and Samantha on the left. "This is the CPD, open up!!" McKenzie looks through the window, "We got movement, we got movement!" Samantha busts through the door, McKenzie follows alongside with a few officers. Samantha and the other officers take down some of the criminals. One of them, who was hiding, is seen by McKenzie and tries to get away, he escapes through the back door. "Go McKenzie, it's gotta be Collins!" McKenzie bursts out the back door chasing him. He cuts through some bushes, jumps over fences, runs in alleys, trying every bit to get away from her. Collins keeps running from her, looking back every second, but he has no sight of her. He slows down to catch his breath, he stops and bends over. Bam!! McKenzie soars around the corner, tackling him down and having him pinned downed to the ground. "Augh!" Collins face is smushed into the ground, struggling to get away. While McKenzie puts the hand-cuffs on him she gives him his Miranda Rights, "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do in mind, do you wish to speak to me?" "I want my lawyer."


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon