16

16

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

3 Weeks Later

A man stands up in a room full of people, "Objection your Honor." It's a court room full of woman, men and some children; The Judge, Jurors, Guards, and Community Watchers are all in the room. The Judge says, "I am allowing it, Mr. Welkowsky. Sit down." The Judge is a woman, old and wise for her age of forty-two and certainly knows what she is doing. The man listens to her and sits down. "Mr. Switz, please continue." John turns around, walking back towards the deposition, to question him but stops and says, "No more questions your Honor." He smiles as he walks back to his seat, he turns and sees on his right, Emily, his wife reporting what is being said during court. "Do you have any questions Mr. Welkowsky?" He looks up, "Yes your Honor, I do." He stands up and walks to the man, "Mr. Hattin, do you recognize that person over there," he points over at the defendants table and sitting there is Mr. Switz and Collins. "Yeah, I do." "Have you sold or received any drugs by this man?" The man lets a sigh, "Yes, I received and also sold drugs to him." "Have you sold or received weapons from this man before?" The man looks at the guy then back at the lawyer, "Yes, yes I have." "And what would you categorize this guy as?" "I would categorize him as, a crook/drug and gun smuggler." "Thank you, your Honor. That will be all."

The Judge slams the gavel and says, "We will return the session tomorrow morning." Everyone starts to leave the room, after the Judge has left. John begins to leave, "Mr. Switz," Collins calls for him. They are face-to-face, "Yes, Collins?" He smirks, "If we lose, you will regret what will happen next." A police officer grabs Collins by the arm and pulls him away.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon