19

19

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

Winter of 2007

A man with a water truck, bundled in warm clothes. There is snow everywhere, it was a good winter. It's nearly 6:00 o'clock, the man is looking down while holding a hose to the ground. The man drops the hose, and walks up to a lever at the back of the trailer. He turns it and water starts spilling out of the hose. The man, is Collins, who is standing there laughing and talking to himself, "You wait Zelc, you wait!"

"Sam are you ready to go yet," McKenzie says. "Com'on McKenzie lets go get some drinks. It's almost New Years." McKenzie smiles, "Okay, okay. I'm not having that much though." They get to a local cop bar, Samantha has a lot to drink but McKenzie only has one. Both stay till around 1:00 A.M. and McKenzie had a hard time getting Samantha in the car.

A Semi-Truck starts up, some smoke comes out of the mufflers, it gets put in gear and drives off. Going for a high speed during winter time, the truck should be going around 40-45 mph but its going over 80. McKenzie and Samantha are close to Samantha's home, driving on Blosser Road at Lake Logan. McKenzie hits the iced water that Collins spilled out earlier that day, and spins in circles. Both woman scream, the car stops on the left lane facing forward in the right direction if you were driving on that side of the road. They laugh a little before a Semi-Truck rams into the rear end of the car launching it forward, back into the iced water. McKenzie hits the side of her head on the steering wheel, the car turns as it slides, viewing from the right side lane. McKenzie leans back up, rubbing her head, then large headlights blind her as another Semi-Truck honks his horn and hits them on Samantha's side of the car. The second Semi drives off leaving the smashed Crown Victoria in the middle of the road. A man comes out of the first and calls for an ambulance and other officers. He pulls them out of the car, McKenzie runs to Samantha, who is unconscious and does CPR. "1...2...3" She checks her and does it again multiple times. The police and ambulance arrived, rushing over to McKenzie and Samantha. She is still doing CPR, the medical unit came over and check on Samantha. "I'm sorry but she is gone McKenzie." "No!!," she screams and cries, "No!!" Other police and Detectives pull her back, "No!!!"

The memories fade away as we return to existing present time. John and McKenzie both look at each other. "What do we do now?" John looks over to the book on the chair and gets angry, "We go after Collins!"


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon