21

21

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

They arrive at Collins' second home, go around the home and jump over the home fence. "Do you see anything back here, anything that catches your eye?" "No, not really." They come to the back door and McKenzie grabs the knob then looks at John, "It's locked!" He just looks at her then kicks in the door, "Looks open to me!" McKenzie is about to step inside but John stops her, "Look McKenzie I need to say something to you. I understand that this can compromise your job as a Detective but don't you want to find Collins. There is this old saying that I know, 'Never mistake a single mistake with a final mistake.' I need your help McKenzie, so are you in or you stepping out." "I'm never gonna back down, never!" John smiles and both walk inside the house.

They search throughout the house, like last time didn't find something interesting. "Is there a door anywhere in this house?!" McKenzie yelps, "Like a hidden door?!" "Yeah!" "Let me look, you look too!" McKenzie and John are pressing against walls, tilting things, throwing pictures and moving furniture around. They stop eventually, taking a break. John rests his body against a wall and faces McKenzie. "Were not going to find anything John." "Yes we are, we just have to keep looking." He starts leaning back more further, then begins to lose his balance and collapse backwards. John starts falling down some stairs, tumbling and rolling like a wheel barrel. "John!" McKenzie runs downstairs and helps John up. "Well look at what you've found John." He wipes his pants off, "Yeah it took a beating out of me to get it." They search around the hidden room and find plenty of stuff; records, numbers, plans, and lots of weapons. A man steps down the stairs with a suitcase and a gun in both hands, "What are you doing in my house?" He drops the case and points the gun at both of them. McKenzie and John raises there hands up in the air, John says, "Collins?" "Yeah, now I asked who are you and I'm not going to ask again." Collins walks up closer to John, "You don't remember us Collins?" John knocks the gun out of his hands and kicks Collins right leg, he falls and his head slams into the table, making him unconscious.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon