22

22

A Chapter by Nickalas Cannon

Collins is tied up into a chair, in the room he was knocked out at. He shakes his head has he regains some of his vision back. John and McKenzie are both staring at him, waiting for him to fully wake. "What are you doing here?!" "Who, McKenzie or me," John asks? "Both of you," Collins says while he fidgets. John looks at McKenzie, "You want to question him or should I?" "You go ahead John." "Okay. Collins why did you threaten me at court in 2003?" Collins smirks, "That's right, you were my petty little lawyer I had. That wasn't a threat, it was a promise." John wants to hit him but keeps himself cool. "Did you kill my family and McKenzie's partner?" "Yeah I killed your buddy's partner," he tilts his head a little towards McKenzie, "How was my work? Did she die immediately or did take a few minutes?" McKenzie jumps up and slams her fist into his face. Collins body tilts then comes back up and he laughs. "Hey John," Collins says and John looks over, Collins spits a blob of blood at John's feet, "That bullet was meant for you not the car."

McKenzie kicks the chair over, Collins crashed into the floor, she drags him and handcuffs the Collins' hands to the table. McKenzie is about to kick him in the gut, but John stops her. "Come on, McKenzie let's go." They leave and shut the door behind them. Collins sits there, a knife comes out of his sleeve and starts cutting the rope around his waist. He wiggles his legs to get the rope loose. It becomes loose enough and he kicks the chair away. He moves around to get enough length to get the phone out of his pocket and call someone. Collins grabs his phone and stretches his head up to see the phones screen. He scrolls down and clicks contact 'J' and puts it on speaker phone. It rings for about two times then a man answers, "Hello." Collins screams out, "Jefferson I need your help, get over to my house now!" "I'm on my way." The call ends and Collins awaits for Jefferson.


© 2013 Nickalas Cannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, science fiction


Author

Nickalas Cannon
Nickalas Cannon

Rocky Harbour, TX, Canada



About
I turned 21 and I figured I should be able to express my feelings of poetry writing and blogging. I work with the elderly everyday which is demanding and yet very satisfying more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Nickalas Cannon